Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I have a real puzzle. Going down the motorway my rear indicator started flashing double time, I have checked and definitely the back one is not working. But when I slow down it starts working again. I have done a few test runs and have narrowed it down to something I just don't understand.

If the car is doing over 50mph the rear indicator does not work. But slowing down to less than 50mph it kicks back in and works normally.

Does anyone have any possible explanation, it is wrecking my head as i have never seen anything like this?

·
12,149 Posts
Probably the rear light cluster earth fault. Common problem on the 207 and 407 and easy to fix.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks very much.

I also noticed that when the indicator is flashing double time, if I press the brakes and slow down about five miles per hour then then indicator returns to normal.

Does Breaking somehow dissipate the static from the car and allow the Earth to work easier?

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
The earth won't be affected by static electricity.
I'd wager a good sum Gibbo has nailed it. Take the rear light light clusters out and examine the contacts carefully, The earth contact is only just up to the job in good shape, sounds like yours is less than perfect, but not totally defunct.

Roger.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts