Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive seen several posts mentioning this check , I haven't been told by my dealer about this should i have been told ? and is it a must do ?

thanks in advance

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
I think it's voluntary, just to check fluid levels and bulbs - nothing you can't do yourself really. Probably goes back to the days when French cars were unlikely to get to 1000 miles without something falling off, or suffering some kind of electrical issue. I'm not taking mine in, and when it's due a service it will be going to another dealer altogether.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Ours will be going in this Saturday, it was booked in when we picked up the car. They will check lights, levels etc. Give them a ring and book it in. Also see RECALL I have just posted.

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
I can check all the fluid levels, and I'll walk around whilst the missus switches on all the lights. That's all my dealer is going to do, so I'll save myself the time, and the possibility of them putting another dent in the car!!

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
I wasn't told about this by my dealer and it's not on my service schedule so as Lee says it must be voluntary and something I can do myself anyway.

·
Registered
620 Posts
Coolant level - check.... no change after it leaked it all, overheated and had to go back in.

The main things I'll raise are:
a) intermittent grinding noise at low speed sounding like driveshaft/bearing
b) auto-hold appearing not to be working
c) cable re-routing 'recall'

Personally I think they should do an oil change, oil filter change, gear box fluid change. To me the fact that any machine/build debris should be removed from the engine by this step. Especially with a turbo engine.

I may as for an oil change/filter change as part of it's first year.

·
Registered
276 Posts
i got a call from my dealer yesterday just to see how the car was, he told me he would ring me in 2 weeks and then every month for the first 2 years just to see how the car is, he also said he would ring me when the car had done 1000 miles to come in for a mini service and fluid checks, now that`s service for you. Question is how will he know i`ve done 1000 miles, do they have access to the car remotely ?? like we do with the App, maybe that`s what the sim is for ??

·
Registered
314 Posts
i got a call from my dealer yesterday just to see how the car was, he told me he would ring me in 2 weeks and then every month for the first 2 years just to see how the car is, he also said he would ring me when the car had done 1000 miles to come in for a mini service and fluid checks, now that`s service for you. Question is how will he know i`ve done 1000 miles, do they have access to the car remotely ?? like we do with the App, maybe that`s what the sim is for ??
I'll be getting a bit peed off if I get a call every month for 2 years!! A bit over the top that isn't it?!

·
Registered
64 Posts
Sunman, Same with me, no mention of an interim service for my diesel engined vehicle and the service indicator is definitely set for 1 year or 20k miles. Understand that it may be the norm for petrol cars though. I had to take my old 2008 1.6 VTI in after 1 month not sure why it was really essential though modern manufacturing should prevent any foreign objects getting into finished engine and oil, unlike in the bad old days.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Hi Stuart this is all to do with "Telematics" where the dealer is able to track your cars mileage and error messages and who knows what else? Some insurance companies are looking to telematic technology to determine the speed you normally drive in order to set your premiums. I've also heard the police are able to access your vehicle info to discover the speed anyone is travelling in the event of an accident and it goes on and on. The question I ask, are the car manufacturers already passing this information on and how soon will it be before our cars, along with our mobiles, provide our personal blueprint to the authorities - life is sure getting scary!

·
Registered
276 Posts
Hi Stuart this is all to do with "Telematics" where the dealer is able to track your cars mileage and error messages and who knows what else? Some insurance companies are looking to telematic technology to determine the speed you normally drive in order to set your premiums. I've also heard the police are able to access your vehicle info to discover the speed anyone is travelling in the event of an accident and it goes on and on. The question I ask, are the car manufacturers already passing this information on and how soon will it be before our cars, along with our mobiles, provide our personal blueprint to the authorities - life is sure getting scary!
Bloody hell, talk about big brother watching :eek:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.