Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought my first Peug; a 2006 1.6 3-door 307 petrol.
Every time I turn the ignition on, the onboard computer resets.
I've checked the obvious fuses, but there appears to be no power to the onboard computer when I turn off the ignition.

Has anyone got a solution please?

I've trawled the net for open source suggestions. I tried disconnecting the battery and following the reset procedure, to no avail.

The car runs fine, but when I leave the car, the dead locks come on automatically. The remote does not work at all. The central dash locking button does not work without the key in the ignition.

The onboard computer was previously working (but not the remote fobs). I was locked out of the car (the key was in the ignition, but not turned on). The AA could not gain entry and lifted the front of the car. He tried connect power to somewhere (?) which seems to have caused the onboard computer problem. Eventually I has to smash the window to get in.

Many thanks for any ideas.

If all else fails I shall take it to the Peugeot dealer for a diagnostic check.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Onboard computer fuse

Thank you for your response.
The clock, year, language all reset on the onboard computer when I turn off the ignition. If it (hopefully) as simple as a fuse, could someone please direct me to where the relevant fuse is.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Still struggling

Thank you for your assistance.

I’ve read through the online manual and tried to look at all related on-line forum advice. I’ve checked every fuse in the glove box and in the engine bay. They all appear fine.
I’ve followed the BSI reset.

But I still can’t ascertain why there is no power to the on-board computer when I turn off the ignition.

Is there a fuse I don’t know about?

I’ve order a Haynes manual!

·
Registered
14,628 Posts
The multi function display as its more commonly known is most likely resetting because of an earth fault somewhere.

The display connects directly to the BSI through the same plug as the dash there is no separate power it comes from the BSI it is most likely a bad earth confusing the BSI

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Many thanks. Super suggestion. That sounds plausible.

Any recommendation about how or where I start checking for an earth problem from the multifunction display or BSI?

I really appreciate the steer.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts