Peugeot Forums banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
Ok get you now if it nearly meshes then it may still do the job if you open out the holes slightly so it can be offset a couple of mm

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
What are the codes for the later starters and the one you have for sale ? Is yours the 11 tooth version ?

What indicators am I looking for for identification of xd2 or xd3 ?

Is their anywhere I can use the engine serial number to check year/model ? I need this for other parts ie injector nozzle and glowplugs.

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
Glowplugs are all the same and injectors will have bosch or lucas numbers on them engine is too old for any of the numbers to be of any use they were not much use when i was running these cars !!

To be honest i never noted any numbers on starters as there was no real need you just took 1 out and fitted another i will get mine out today if i can get at it the engine is a bit buried i doubt it will have any numbers on it though

Blocks have suttle differences over the years oil coolers changed over the years as did water pumps problem is the bolt on parts fitted any engine so they cant be relied on for determining age the XD2 is shorter stroke than the XD3 so blocks are shorter but its not a lot and hard to spot without being up close only way to be 100% certain would be to measure stroke as bores are the same on both.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Peugeot sold a lot of xdp 4.90 and xd3p engines by the millions in India. They were fitted in the Mahindra Jeeps in the 80's and 90's.. Spares for both are made to this day in plenty. I own one with the xdp4.90. I'm new on this forum, i wish to known if anyone has turbocharged a xdp 4.90?

21 - 26 of 26 Posts