Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was cleaning and emptying my current car ready for trading it in and wondered what surprise people have found in the process. I don't have little ones leaving sticky booby traps between the seats but after 5 1/2 years of complaining that my car didn't have a spare wheel, see what I found under the boot carpet!

I also found at least 4 ice scrapers and thought "yes I can take them out, they won't be needed in the next few days" mmmmm I think Mr Snowman had other thoughts.

Attachments

· Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Glad you didn't get a puncture...I'm amazed you didn't know that's where the spare would be!!
I knew where it should be but I had previously looked at 2 in 2 different show rooms and both dealers had most assuredly stated that the Qahqai didn't have a spare wheel, relying instead on the repair tins. So I thought that my 6 month old one was the same

· Registered
314 Posts
Well if I've learnt one thing from this forum it would have to be don't believe everything a dealer tells you!
I'll be clearing my car out in a couple of weeks so I'll report back with any findings although I think it's most likely to be around half a pound of sweets!

· Registered
544 Posts
Was cleaning and emptying my current car ready for trading it in and wondered what surprise people have found in the process. I don't have little ones leaving sticky booby traps between the seats but after 5 1/2 years of complaining that my car didn't have a spare wheel, see what I found under the boot carpet!

I also found at least 4 ice scrapers and thought "yes I can take them out, they won't be needed in the next few days" mmmmm I think Mr Snowman had other thoughts.
Funny you should mention this morning's wintery weather Lorraine but I went out to my Qashqai this morning at around 6.30am to go to work thinking I could clear the screen by just turning on the wipers. Unfortunately the snow had frozen and my scraper was nowhere to be found as it is currently in the garage with the rest of the belongings out of my car. I had foolishly assumed that I would be picking up my 3008 last Tuesday and had not bothered to put them back into the Qashqai.

I realised I'd got nothing to scrape the ice off with so had to manage as best I could! Not the best start to a cold Tuesday morning

Btw, I've definitely not got a spare wheel in my 14 plate QQ as I recently had a puncture and had to call the RAC out to get it sorted.

· Registered
620 Posts
On the cold weather this morning.. 3degC, the demist got rid of it and the cockpit say "Warning Icy Roads" or something like that.

I normally carry a torque wrench+socket for the wheels, triangle, first aid kit (which now has a fire extinguisher too that came with the car), also some ratchet straps. In the focus I had oil and spare bulbs, a set of spanners and some emery paper.

I remember at uni a mate also had a 2-tonne trolley jack with axle stands. Not sure it was the car/now space or he made a living on the side in 2nd hand wheels.. :D

Torque wrench+nut for wheels is really useful.. far easier to undo and tighten to the right setting without over straining. The length and design is much better than the tyre iron!

Not much down the seats of the focus.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.