Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About a fortnight ago, went to start the car and instead of being welcomed by 'OIL OK', I was greeted with 'OIL - -'. I checked the level, and found it about a third above minimum, so checked the handbook.

'OIL OK', means oil level is OK :lol:
'OIL', means check oil
'OIL - -', just says contact your Peugeot Dealer.

So, I contacted my dealer, and made an appointment.

In the meanwhile, the car has reverted back to 'OIL OK', back to 'OIL - -', and now back to 'OIL OK'

The car went in today, and surprise surprise, they can't find anything, no errors, and no faults have been stored.

Car is now booked in to a Peugeot dealer, through my dealer.

Anyone got any ideas?

D

·
0 Posts
Is your car petrol?
The BSI takes ages to learn the level of the oil in the sump on these if it is.
Top it up to max and start the car, turn it off and leave it for ten minutes. It should be ok then. If not start again and turn off and leave another while.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Yeah, it's petrol.

I first noticed the problem after I had checked the oil, it is now topped up to maximum, but has still reported the 'OIL - -' error since then.

Seems to have beeen OIL OK for a couple of days, then OIL - - for couple since I first noticed it

The car is still under Warranty, so will they be able to find a fault and repair it, and if not, is it really that important?

·
Super Moderator
1,789 Posts
Saying as it's under warranty, make them sort it! Doesn't really matter. You obviously know how to check the oil, which you should do anyway saying as the oil level sensors are shit.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Been back to S G Petch Peugeot in Darlington and they diagnosed a software problem, but they couldn't do and neccessary update as they were having problems with their computer systems.

Arranged to take it back the following week.

They said they would only need the car for a couple of hours, so dropped it off.

2 1/2 hours later, they said it would be another 1/2 hour...

1/2 hour later, they said they had been unable to do the neccessary update, as the oil temperature was still above 30', and they would need to keep the car overnight and complete the update the following morning when the engine would be cold.

Following morning, got a phone call, the software update had not remedied the problem, and were unsuccessful at diagnosing, or repairing the problem.

So, car is still with them, and they hope to have an answer to the problem on Monday.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No, I have a warranty with Bristol St Motors, but they are getting the work carried out on the remainder of the Peugeot warranty.

So either way, it isn't going to cost me anything.

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
in my 307 days SG Petch Darlington on mcmullin road was the biggest cowboy outfit i ever seen...full of apprentices. i always used simon bailes in stockton. the older mech (the fossil) new the part numbers of by heart and knew straight away what was wrong with my 307 when it was ticking...:thumb:

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well they say they completed the software update, and all seems well for the moment, so fingers crossed that will be the end of it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
308 oil sensor replacement

Hi

Ive got the same problem with my 308 where the display flashes oil-- when you start the engine. My local Peugeot dealer wants £50 to investigate the problem, which is reasonable, but if it is the sensor they've said its going to cost £400+vat. They said its about £40 or the part and then 4-5 hours to fit it. Does this sound right to people that have had this problem?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts