Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the oil warning light keeps coming on in our 206 1.4hdi.

it doesnt happen when driving but when you come to a stop or the car drops to idle the oil light comes on and STOP begins to flash.
if you give it a rev it goes but then re-appears.

any ideas?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
cck2k9 said:
i would suspect the oil temp or level sensor...planet is the next bet.
where are these located and what are the part numbers if possible please?
i take it the level sensor is a oil pressure sensor?
our oil is at the correct height i think but the dipstick is all plastic and has a melted bit where it is near the turbo/manifold. wasnt the dipstick a product recall, if so do i just go to the dealer and ask for a new one?

·
Registered
4,511 Posts
im not sure on the product numbers but there are others who can help on that...but i wouldnt say it is definately that at fault.... like i say it would be better to get someone with peugeot planet to diag for you so you dont go wasting money on something that is not at fault...what is your location?

as for the plastic dipstick, i have heard about this melting but it doesnt cause any problems as it just stays at the bottom of the tube...bettyswollocks has more info on this i think (not sure if it was him that wrote about it)

·
Registered
9,731 Posts
cck2k9 said:
im not sure on the product numbers but there are others who can help on that...but i wouldnt say it is definately that at fault.... like i say it would be better to get someone with peugeot planet to diag for you so you dont go wasting money on something that is not at fault...what is your location?

as for the plastic dipstick, i have heard about this melting but it doesnt cause any problems as it just stays at the bottom of the tube...bettyswollocks has more info on this i think (not sure if it was him that wrote about it)
Was me mate , crap idea plastic dipstick and hot engine.:mad:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts