Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Folks i am getting the stop sign and the below warning light intermittently when in lower gears...happens when i start after a stop...what could be the issue ?

Happens only sometimes...Oil levwl is in middle in dipstick...coolent is between min and max...

Cheers.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
I believe the problem is that the sensor activates at about the halfway point on the dipstick. Take the oil to the upper mark and all will be well.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I believe the problem is that the sensor activates at about the halfway point on the dipstick. Take the oil to the upper mark and all will be well.
Makes sense as i get this on hill starts or when car is on a slope...will top up...cheers...

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Did a quick top up and no more engine oil warning...drive seems smoother too...thanks IanML...

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Folks just checked bottom in driveway for any spills and could see a small dark patch....is it normal or there might be a leakage ? Fluids are fine so far...had only topped up oil.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Not normal - did you perhaps spill some when topping up? Otherwise, it would seem you have a leak.
Its a tiny 1 inch mark on the road(driveway is outside)...no overspill during topping...will put some papers below and see whats going on ..cheers...

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
If it has the undertray on it would be a good idea to remove it so that you can see and clean everything that has any signs of oil on it as it will be everywhere. The steering system can leak as well. Once you have a oil free underside you have more chance of spotting the culprit and fixing it.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
If it has the undertray on it would be a good idea to remove it so that you can see and clean everything that has any signs of oil on it as it will be everywhere. The steering system can leak as well. Once you have a oil free underside you have more chance of spotting the culprit and fixing it.
No undertray....its very small amount which is making spots....all fluid levels are ok as i told...its in the middle front...

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
All well...it was water from Radiator..nothing when i checked in evening...will keep an eye anyways...thanks...

Does water drip even after car is idle ?

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
All well...it was water from Radiator..nothing when i checked in evening...will keep an eye anyways...thanks...

Does water drip even after car is idle ?
Coolant should not drip at any time. The system is pressurised by the heat, so coolant will be forced out through any small hole until the system has cooled, and the pressure gone. Of course, it could still drip because of gravity.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Coolant should not drip at any time. The system is pressurised by the heat, so coolant will be forced out through any small hole until the system has cooled, and the pressure gone. Of course, it could still drip because of gravity.
Ok so its an issue or its normal ;) ??

·
Registered
127 Posts
An issue perhaps,but not one to over worry your head about.I would have a good check of your coolant hoses for any signs of a leak,plus a good check around the radiator,you say your coolant level is not dropping so if there is a slight leak it must be very slight.Just keep a check on it for the next few days.If you are unduly worried take it into a garage and ask to put a pressure test on it.That will show up even a very small leak.

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
It has a pressure test every time the engine reaches full temp so after your next good run pop the bonnet whilst engine is still running and inspect every coolant component and hoses diligently for leaks. Take your time looking not just glancing. The header tank is not too full I hope.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts