Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys! Bought my 207 in February with a full service and oil change, it was on the max on the dipstick then.

Today, 2,800 miles later I got a check oil warning, I checked the oil, and it is on the minimum line.

Is this normal oil usage? It seems quite high, I never had to top-up the oil between changes on my 206.

How much oil is it between the max/min lines?

Can I mix different types of oil? I am not sure what was put in.

Thank you!

·
Registered
5,916 Posts
A lot of newer cars seem to burn some oil these days. I had a Honda FRV as a company car and that needed topping up pretty frequently between services. It even mentioned that it was normal to use oil in the owners manual.

My 308 manual states........
It is normal to top up the oil level between services. PEUGEOT recommends that you check the oil level and top up if necessary evey 3,000 miles (5,000 kilometres).
I would expect that when it was serviced they used the oil as specified for the engine so I would go by what is recommended in the owners handbook. If you don't have one you can view & maybe download from here http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com/ddb/

·
Registered
870 Posts
i mentioned before daughters 207 was using alot of oil but after putting a additive in the oil for a month it uses far less now.

some will say ' no additives' so at own risk, may even void a warranty.

but noticed the oil starting to go blackish after a month, it was always so clean it was hard to see on the dipstick, so was cleaning something out,oil rings pcv valve?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts