Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. Could someone offer me a little help, please? :D

I recently bought a second-hand Peugeot 206 from a dealer, but the oil temperature gauge on the dashboard doesn't move at all, even when driving at 70mph down a motorway - there is no reason to assume it is even connected. The dealer tells me that this is normal, that the gauge doesn't move under normal circumstances.

Is this correct? Is there any way to test it?

Cheers!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
PureJoe said:
There would seem to be little point having a gauge that didn't do anything.
True.

PureJoe said:
The thing works off a sensor but there's no really useful way to test it. Better to check to wiring to make sure there are no breaks in it, and if it is OK, replace the sensor.
Thanks. Can you point me to any resource that can tell me how to dismantle the dashboard?

Where is the sensor located?

Cheers!

·
Registered
534 Posts
This is from a later model, What year and model is yours? Most of them come off via a few screws visible on the cluster.

Before doing this, see if you can find any damage to the wire to the sensor which is on the engine next to the Oil filter (see pic, which is from a TU5JP engine - 14 is the temp/level sensor (3 contacts) or temp sensor (2 contacts) 3 is the pressure switch)

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
PureJoe said:
This is from a later model, What year and model is yours? Most of them come off via a few screws visible on the cluster.
Mine is a 2003 206.

PureJoe said:
Before doing this, see if you can find any damage to the wire to the sensor which is on the engine next to the Oil filter (see pic, which is from a TU5JP engine - 14 is the temp/level sensor (3 contacts) or temp sensor (2 contacts) 3 is the pressure switch)
Thanks. What program were you using to obtain those pictures, please?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.