Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just noticed where i park there is a patch of oil approx 2inches, looked in engine bay and there seems to be a bit on the cover under the engine. Before i get ridiculously paranoid and start exploring the engine bay, are there any likely suspects?. It is from the drivers side on a 2006 1.6HDi.

·
Registered
280 Posts
It might need a nut tightening up on the sump. Look up where the exhaust goes under the engine. Although this is in the middle unless it has run across the undertray.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just had a good old poke around from above .

The only oil i can see on the engine is a little bit on a circle blank thing with a hex socket on it behind the alternator. Also with a torch i can see a bit of oil on a lip at the bottom of the engine again behind the alternator area.

Only other thing i spotted was a pipe that runs directly under the aux belt has a weep from a join towards the back of engine (don't know what the pipe is). Couldn't see properly as engine cover was on and car not raised.

Oh and the power steering cap on the reservoir was very loose, level was fine though.

Thats all i could find without raising the car up.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Like the other guys have said it could be crank shaft seals or a loose sump plug....could be some sort of breather pipe...have you put your finger in the patch on the ground and smelt it ? is it engine oil,hydraulic,power steering....it really could be coming from anywhere...you need to get under the car and have a really good look......

·
Registered
9,733 Posts
Check the pipe leading into your turbo (unless its petrol) run your hand under the rubber hose where it attaches to the turbo these have a habit of splitting.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts