Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have bought a second hand 307, 2004, 90K miles.

When the car is first started, the centre console displays "Oil Pressure Insufficient", and "Airbag fault". These then disappear when driving.

After the car has warmed up, when idle at tickover, if you turn the air con on, or close the elctric windows, the revs will slightly dip, causing the same errors on the centre console, and also the "STOP" and oil light on the dash.

This only occurs when the engines at tickover and the revs slightly drop below.
I've read about other cars getting the same oil problems but not the same scenario.

Any help is appreciated,
Thanks,
Ash.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Had the same fault under the same conditions as you've got !
Changed the oil and filter and pressure switch, even cleaned out the throttle body didn't make any difference.
Never got to the bottom of it as sold the car as spares/repair for other reasons
but the buyer contacted me some weeks later saying that the car was great and he lived in Dorset (250+ miles away) and he had been all over the place as well, so can't have been that much of a problem.
You might be able to find a pressure switch which activates at couple of psi lower if you really look around.
Good luck
Can't comment on the airbag problem

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
It's just an idea, but I think those indications may all be false alarms caused by an electrical problem. If I'm correct, the problem is likely to be in the voltage regulator of the alternator.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Im leaning more towards this as both the airbag and oil warnings come on at exactly the same time, and I cant think how they would be linked any other way. I'll get this looked at, thanks!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts