Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

How many wires should there be going to the oil pressure switch connection plug one or two ?

Car is a 307 1.4 16V Zest 2005, chassis number is -

VF33CKFUB83815170

I can't find it on workshop manual.

Many thanks

Ian :)

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Think its one wire in a grey plug if my memory serves me right
Hi John,

Many thanks for replying, that's how many I have on mine, so it looks like it could be an electrical fault as I have changed the oil pressure switch, oil and filter change done, I don't have the facilities to take the sump off and check the pipe in the sump, which I guess could still be the issue, or of course it could be the oil pump so the saga of the dreaded "oil pressure insufficient" "Stop" warning continues when the engine warms to a certain temperature and only when idle or slowing to a halt .. Oh the joys of Peugeot ownership hey .. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
Have you checked the supply to the switch by using a voltmeter at the wire connection to earth? Does the light go off at all? If you can get a pressure gauge and screw it into the boss the switch is in you can take a direct reading of the pressure.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Hi John,

Many thanks for replying, that's how many I have on mine, so it looks like it could be an electrical fault as I have changed the oil pressure switch, oil and filter change done, I don't have the facilities to take the sump off and check the pipe in the sump, which I guess could still be the issue, or of course it could be the oil pump so the saga of the dreaded "oil pressure insufficient" "Stop" warning continues when the engine warms to a certain temperature and only when idle or slowing to a halt .. Oh the joys of Peugeot ownership hey .. :rolleyes:
I also get the dreaded oil pressure low warning once engine heats up and when i am in lower gears......what could be at fault ?

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Have you checked the supply to the switch by using a voltmeter at the wire connection to earth? Does the light go off at all? If you can get a pressure gauge and screw it into the boss the switch is in you can take a direct reading of the pressure.
Hi,

I will buy a voltmeter tomorrow, should I test the volts at the connection plug end that attaches to the pressure switch ?

The light only goes off when the revs are at around 1000-1200 rpm and upwards and then comes back on when slowing down when the engine is at idle.

I don't have a pressure gauge myself but have asked numerous garages in the area if they can do the test and why it's needed and they quote around £40+ Vat and say they can't do it for about a week.

I would buy a pressure gauge and do it myself if I knew what I needed to buy as I know where to affix it to.

·
Registered
453 Posts
The 307 1.4 I had was fine until it got hot and at idle & would flash on & off &"low oil pressure" warning
Took the sump off and checked everything - one big end was slightly below torque value but nipped it up.
When the A/c was switched on at idle, warning was constant, changed sensor and was still the same,
Disconnected the wire, sold car and a couple of months later the buyer rang me up to tell me he had done a couple 1000 miles without any problems and was well pleased with the car!
Not sure if this is a 1.4 16v engine design fault or not
Buyer did get it very very cheap and was sold as spares/repair

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hi all,

Just a quick update, getting rid of the car, trading it in and getting something newer, not getting much for it but at least my headaches and stress will ease finally.

Thank you to everyone who has offered their assistance in trying to find a resolution to the woes of this car, it really is greatly appreciated indeed. I am sticking with French cars, just not Peugeot.

All the very best to everyone on this site.

Kindest regards

Ian

1 - 14 of 14 Posts