Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I have a 2019 model and today at 50mph my car just lagged and said oil pressure issue. I stopped turned engine off and after awhile turned back on and went home. This has since happened three further times and now has had a full oil change and filter change and still doing the same thing. Car is now out of warranty and I cannot get it into Peugeot for 4 weeks and even longer for other branches. Can anybody advise what needs changing/fixing on the car. Car is now not been driven until I can get this finally fixed.

thank you in advance

Registered
Hi,

I have a 2019 model and today at 50mph my car just lagged and said oil pressure issue. I stopped turned engine off and after awhile turned back on and went home. This has since happened three further times and now has had a full oil change and filter change and still doing the same thing. Car is now out of warranty and I cannot get it into Peugeot for 4 weeks and even longer for other branches. Can anybody advise what needs changing/fixing on the car. Car is now not been driven until I can get this finally fixed.

thank you in advance
Sorry to hear this. I鈥檓 not a techie. I had similar problem. Ended up at dealership for 9 weeks due to supply chain problems. 4 new sensors and a top engine rebuild whatever that means.

2017 EAT6 1.2 with 38k miles. Lucky I took out extended warranty. I was told it would be over 拢1000 if not covered. Good luck.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Registered
2021 Peugeot Rifter L2 1.5 BlueHDI (YHZ) M6 (ML6C)
If oil quality and oil level is OK, you might be experiencing what other owners of the 1.2 PureTech have experienced - the timing belt crumbling up clogging the oil system.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If oil quality and oil level is OK, you might be experiencing what other owners of the 1.2 PureTech have experienced - the timing belt crumbling up clogging the oil system.
Yeah oil level was topped up last week with correct oil as said low and even before doing oil change and filter today was fine and my husband said the man who did it said oil was clear we was hoping that would fix the problem. I am really stressed now as still paying the car off and worrying now the engine is ruined? I take it the belt being changed is the next step?

Premium Member
1.2 pure tech
Of to the nearest Peugeot main dealer to complain & hope Peugeot UK " lack of " customer service do the right thing - it's a very well known & published issue with the 1.2 Purecrap engines.

The wet timing belt will be degrading & rubber particles will be blocking the oil pick up inside the sump.

Registered
2021 Peugeot Rifter L2 1.5 BlueHDI (YHZ) M6 (ML6C)
Your low oil pressure problem is intermittent which is a good thing as the engine might not have been damaged BUT the manual labour costs involved in cleaning up the engine might exceed the cost of just replacing the engine.

So hopefully it is just something trivial. Cross your fingers.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Of to the nearest Peugeot main dealer to complain & hope Peugeot UK " lack of " customer service do the right thing - it's a very well known & published issue with the 1.2 Purecrap engines.

The wet timing belt will be degrading & rubber particles will be blocking the oil pick up inside the sump.
When I spoke to my local one they was no remotely interested at all. Do I need to go higher? This sounds really expensive I am so worried I won鈥檛 be able to afford any of this. Wish I knew this 3 years ago my fault I know.

Registered
When I spoke to my local one they was no remotely interested at all. Do I need to go higher? This sounds really expensive I am so worried I won鈥檛 be able to afford any of this. Wish I knew this 3 years ago my fault I know.
I think I鈥檓 in the same situation as you from the sounds of it. What the latest on your situation? My car also is a 2019 out of warranty a few months ago. Very suspicious to me the this has happened just after being out of warranty. Same here wish I would have known this would never have brought the car.

I do have extended warranty with the dealer so hoping they will cover this. Also was advised to try give Peugeot a call to see if they can fix it out of good will but not holding any hope on that.

Im devastated to say the least im stuck far away from my house enabled to get to work or anything so losing income. Intill the car is fixed I can鈥檛 get back home or to work. Absolutely nightmare.

Registered
I have made a thread about my issue. When I spoke to the main dealer I got my car from he was also very rude to me saying what do you want me to do about it and that all cars have problems and that he has not heard of any problems with Peugeot cars etc etc. Unbelievable.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I鈥檝e had to put the car in the garage. Full oil change and filters done still doing the same issue. Now engine coming out to change belt and I believe to clean the sump? 拢1500 just in labour charges I could cry. Going to keep all invoices and go at Peugeot as in service book says that belt needs changing every 128000 miles I鈥檝e only done 29000. Im not even sure if this will fix problem they seem to think so but I definitely cannot afford a new engine.

Registered
I鈥檝e had to put the car in the garage. Full oil change and filters done still doing the same issue. Now engine coming out to change belt and I believe to clean the sump? 拢1500 just in labour charges I could cry. Going to keep all invoices and go at Peugeot as in service book says that belt needs changing every 128000 miles I鈥檝e only done 29000. Im not even sure if this will fix problem they seem to think so but I definitely cannot afford a new engine.
Bloody he鈥檒l your being hit very hard in the pocket. I can鈥檛 do anything about my situation intill tomorrow I do have extended warranty with the dealer so hoping they will fix the problem. I鈥檓 going to be getting on to them tomorrow and be getting on to Peugeot also.

My car failed me on the motorway saying engine fail something along them lines flashing stop now. Car started to slow down and give up and I managed to get it onto the hard shoulder. Called aa got towed away have not driven the car since I won鈥檛 intill it鈥檚 fixed.

Aa guy said to me it鈥檚 a common problem with Peugeot cars and no fault of my own. He said he has seen this problem several times.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I wish I could wait but I have two disabled girls and work and they need to go hospital so had no choice. I will be making complaints and keeping invoices. They definitely are aware of the issues we are having and I will never own another one again now due to this. You don鈥檛 expect these issues with a three year old car I鈥檓 so disappointed. Definitely do not drive it as the engine goes into limp mode to save the damage to the engine.

Registered
I wish I could wait but I have two disabled girls and work and they need to go hospital so had no choice. I will be making complaints and keeping invoices. They definitely are aware of the issues we are having and I will never own another one again now due to this. You don鈥檛 expect these issues with a three year old car I鈥檓 so disappointed. Definitely do not drive it as the engine goes into limp mode to save the damage to the engine.
I feel for you and yeah you definitely had no other choice but to drive it. I agree car is only 3 years old been serviced 3 times within them 3 years all done at the main dealer for Peugeot cars. What more can the owner do? My car has been well looked after there is nothing more I could or have done to look after my car anymore. This is the first time and last time I will ever buy a Peugeot too. This is a well know wide spread issue that Peugeot must be turning a blind eye to. How can they get away with producing cars that are not fit for purpose is beyond me I will keep you updated on my situation. I will be ringing the dealer and Peugeot first thing as soon as they open tomorrow. I am completely devastated feel like I have been let down so badly by Peugeot. I just can鈥檛 believe this has happened I can鈥檛 get my head around it all. Causing me to lose income I can鈥檛 afford to be taking time off work for this absolute disaster.

Registered
i have also 3008 2017 model ..just had my brake sensor changed all 4 sensors front and rear because the autonatic hand brake is not functioning .and same time changed the oil filter ..after a week using there was flasing in the dash board plug logged filter see the handbook manual ..i tried to call the service center in manila .he is not answering they have poor service center in pasig ..i even sent the picture in the dash board ..they are not aswering the mesagges and calls ..i will rate them poor.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts