Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi
after a ride of 2 miles 5mins break 2 miles 5 minute break 1 mile 20 minute break, followed by 4 miles, i had the above warning come up on the consol and the red stop light flashing.

the oil level is fine on both the electronic and manual dipsticks.

two days ago, i cleaned the engine bay [hose not pressure washer] could this be related and just a sensor fault or is it more likely to be a serious issue?

obviously i have not used the car since the stop light but if its just a false alarm, i would like to drive it to the garage - or if someone can tell me where it is, chnge the sensor myself [law acording to s0d says its gonna be at the back of the block not the front!]

·
Registered
25 Posts
Generaly if the oil pressure switch comes it means you have no oil not low oil. I had a similar problem with my citroen but the airbag light came on aswell. took months trying to find the faults in the end I just removed every single plug I could find a cleaned it with WD-40. I also washed the engine not long beofre it all went wrong. Ive been told the water dries up and leaves a white fur in the wiring which conducts electricity very easily.

what car is it as there in diffrent places on diffrent models. most seem tobe on the drivers side rear but not all.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts