Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2008 407 1.6 HDI 175k

Hello
My car runs perfectly no smoke, pulls ok no black smoke no blue no white smoke.
But there is always so much oil inside the throttle body and inter cooler tubes. The breather doesn't have that much oil the turbo we see just a small line. But the throttle body as loads enough to drip when i remove it to clean.
Any one have any ideas? Is the engine going bye bye?

THank you

·
Registered
210 Posts
2008 407 1.6 HDI 175k

Hello
My car runs perfectly no smoke, pulls ok no black smoke no blue no white smoke.
But there is always so much oil inside the throttle body and inter cooler tubes. The breather doesn't have that much oil the turbo we see just a small line. But the throttle body as loads enough to drip when i remove it to clean.
Any one have any ideas? Is the engine going bye bye?

THank you
Egr valve stuck open

·
6,585 Posts
A bit of wear on the bore and turbo is giving a bit of blow by and pressurising the sump, as the breather exits into the intake it ingests the oil mist in the mix.

Just drain the intercooler every so often or look at plumbing in a catch tank to trap the oil

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Last update.
I have cleaned everything and went for a drive of 5 miles. I got home and there was oil on top of the wastgate.....i though it was from the feeder pipe but that one is clean all around....its from the seal i guess from the cold part of the turbo.Its a new turbo (nwe cartridge) Its strange because it pulls very well no smoke or loud whistle...is it that bad?
I am really confused..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts