Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, this is my first post and hope someone can help. My wife’s 207 sport Auto hatchback 1.6 16v needs a new oil level sensor: part no:1131G2. ( 2 pins)
Problem is the hanyes Manuel says unscrew and remove. Ok except it is to long to get out all the way. Is there something that has to be removed first? Or is there a trick? It is positioned at the rear of the engine to the right at a slight angle on the aluminium engine case. Ps it is driving me nuts! Thanks in advance

·
Registered
869 Posts
no idea, but if you remove the engine mount and place the sump on a trolley jack(with wooden block) you can move the engine up/down forward and back a few inches if it helps.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Will yellow triangle that comes up on start up with check oil level in screen but goes out after a minute or 2 fail MOT?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for your response: didn’t want to mess with engine mounts if I can avoid, worried I might dislodge something else?. If it’s a bugger is there a way? Can’t believe the manual says just unscrew ....but it’s impossible. Normally there is a path to follow even if it’s a long one. Move x to get to y etc. But nada! Garage quoted £220 but it frustrates me. I managed to get it out to clean but had to bend it carefully not to snap and end up in engine! But back in was a no go so cut it off and replaced the top part of it. Must be someone out there that had replaced it. I even called Peugeot but as you would guess wouldn’t entertain the idea of me chatting with one of their mechanics. By the way the dip stick is the worst I have ever seen.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts