Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi i seem to have oil leaking from something thats connected to my air filter and egr valve, how is oil leaking from there and how is it getting there surely there is nit meant to be oil there.i have attached a photo.
My vehicle is an 05 plate expert 1.9

Attachments

·
Registered
153 Posts
Hi i seem to have oil leaking from something thats connected to my air filter and egr valve, how is oil leaking from there and how is it getting there surely there is nit meant to be oil there.i have attached a photo.
My vehicle is an 05 plate expert 1.9
i cannot make a lot out off the photo,but logic tells me you have an engine breather pipe feeding in to the inlet pipe,and maybe its oil thats collected there leaking out when engines off,worth checking

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks i will look, unfortunately engines are not my thing and they baffle me lol but i did an oil change about 3 weeks ago and oil light now comes on going round bends so i must be losing a lot of oil

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I checked dipstick and i have had to add oil as it was not showing on dipstick. What would changing oil filter again do?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Can't see any oil breather pipe leading into that box thing it just seems to connect to the egr valve and the air filter, so can't understand how old seems to be seeping out of it.

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
Low oil pressure can be caused by a low level of oil - the pickup pipe end starts sucking air - particularly when cornering.

Is this an example of a cheap paper filter collapsing and blocking the oil flow? If so, fit a genuine Peugeot filter.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts