Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Only two month running , totaly new car , first maintenance found out Oil Leaking In the Driver halfshaft which connecting front wheel , anyone have the same issue with me ? appreciated if anyone give me some advice . attahced the picture showing

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
could just be assembly grease being flung out from the shaft.
yes , gusssing it is , but how???? customer service told me , this issue is ok , don't worry about it , a lot of Peugeot have same issue , but ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

issue is issue , Besre sometime , the grase will run out of from shaft , what will happen , and Peugeto not take them responsibiity is the real I concerned .

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
You are worrying about nothing that is a tiny amount of leakage that has now stopped it is not something that needs to be addressed.

There is no grease in there it is a small bearing that has seals on each side so it cant leak unless faulty but it may have been overpacked when new and leaked out a little when fitting so what you have been told is correct .

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You are worrying about nothing that is a tiny amount of leakage that has now stopped it is not something that needs to be addressed.

There is no grease in there it is a small bearing that has seals on each side so it cant leak unless faulty but it may have been overpacked when new and leaked out a little when fitting so what you have been told is correct .

thank u so much , I saw a lot fo car have the same situation , Have you hit this issue before ?

·
Registered
36 Posts
just to be clear for you peepaw when the splined shaft of the CV is put in the hub some grease will be used, a fair amount of this will be pushed back off the splined section, and sit between the bearing face and CV, then with the whole thing rotating it gets flung out and with heat also spreads out, so as 406 said, all is good! enjoy the car :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts