Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,
I have some oil leakage coming from the pipe that comes out from the turbo inter cooler to the engine.
What i heard from some of my friends is that this is an indication of turbo is on it's way to become missed up.
First i would like to know please how correct is that, also if right is it possible to repair the turbo if there is some kind of leakage from an oil seal or something like that.

My car is 508 THP 163 hp model 2013 with 120000 km.
I attached an image of the pipe causing the leakage and it's the one with S sign on it.

Thanks in advance and looking forward for your replies.
Nader

Attachments

·
4,214 Posts
Hi....I would remove the pipe ,clean ,and check the clips are tight .all turbos pass a very small amount of oil and that can build up in the convolutions of that pipe...if yours is passing an excessive amount the better option is an exchange unit.
Does your car use alot of engine oil?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi....I would remove the pipe ,clean ,and check the clips are tight .all turbos pass a very small amount of oil and that can build up in the convolutions of that pipe...if yours is passing an excessive amount the better option is an exchange unit.
Does your car use alot of engine oil?
They already did that in the service center, my car is still under good will program , they claim turbo is ok.
After i checked in another service center not related to agent they say turbo is damaged and should be replaced.
They removed all pipes coming too or out of the turbo , the ones coming in are clean while the ones coming out contains oil residues meaning when u put your finger it will be full with oil but not large quantities.
The car consumes 1 liter of oil each 3500 km with Mobil 5W30 while it consumes 1 liter each 5000 km with Liquoi Moly.

Thanks for your reply.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
As above a small amount is normal these turbos tend to last till 300-350k miles if well serviced but can fail much sooner if not well serviced
I stick to what they do in agent service center (changing filters, oil etc..) whatever they ask for but no maintenance at all mentioned to me related to turbo.
Could you please explain more what maintenance should be done to turbo?

·
4,214 Posts
Its so hard to describe 'how much 'verbally..could you show some pics of the oil on your finger(no funny comments please)it may help?:thumb:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.