Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys.
407 SW 1.6 HDi estate, 55 plate
This is my first peugeot so forgive any apparent ignorance... (mind you, only had it 4 days and already know that most are in the same boat regarding the bloody sunroof blind but hey ho..)
Anyway, it has a reasonably serious oil leak and I'm not sure where it is coming from. The question is basically about how much I will be expected to pay to put it right...
The leak is manifesting itself on the OUTSIDE of the auxiliary belt, so wherever it is coming from it is either coating or dripping onto the belt which is then throwing it all over the place (although not inside the belt...).
Just looking at it I can see labour charges punching me in the wallet...
Anyone had similar and able to give a ballpark repair figure?

Thanks
J

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi guys,
I have a stupied question. What mean 55 plate?
In my country we use a year of product like 2006, 2007 etc....
We have two registration numbers per year - for instance, between March and September 2005, all new cars had a registration plate that contained two letters (which identify the area the car was registered in) then the numbers '05'. From September 2005 till March 2006, all new cars had a registration plate that contained the two letters and the number '55'. The remainder of the registration plate is made up of three random letters.

A car with a registration number SE54 XUW means that it was first registered in the Glasgow area of Scotland sometime between September 2004 and March 2005.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So there's a hole in the rocker cover... so I need another rocker cover. Could I get one second hand do you think?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have no idea - it is the part but will it fit? I don't know enough about the exact engine specs to know...

Also re sunroof blind, what's your problem? :eek:
Last two sections are jammed at the back - no big deal really as long as I don't want to close them tbh... the front section glides along back and forth if I wish it to but looks a bit odd without its mates behind it...

·
Registered
394 Posts
I have no idea - it is the part but will it fit? I don't know enough about the exact engine specs to know...

Last two sections are jammed at the back - no big deal really as long as I don't want to close them tbh... the front section glides along back and forth if I wish it to but looks a bit odd without its mates behind it...
If that is the part, it will fit, they are all the same on the 16v engines.

that is exactly the problem I had with my roof blind, just run some WD-40 on the rails and pull it around by hand, after a while it'll be nice and free to move about. It comes around as lack of use makes the plastic rails dry, not naturally oily and the front bit of the blind is the driven section so to speak. It's not serious as you say, it's taken me 5 months of ownership to get round to fixing mine :rolleyes:

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
If that is the part, it will fit, they are all the same on the 16v engines.

that is exactly the problem I had with my roof blind, just run some WD-40 on the rails and pull it around by hand, after a while it'll be nice and free to move about. It comes around as lack of use makes the plastic rails dry, not naturally oily and the front bit of the blind is the driven section so to speak. It's not serious as you say, it's taken me 5 months of ownership to get round to fixing mine :rolleyes:
Thank you very much Sean - I'll give it a go. :)

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
So got the rocker cover - being fitted tomorrow or Wednesday hopefully... this morning the 'depollution system faulty' light came on with a resultant loss in power.
Any chance this is down to oil being sprayed all over the engine or just a coincidence?
Of course, one of the main hoses may have come off but I won't be able to check that till I get out of work at 2 o'clock...

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
So got the rocker cover - being fitted tomorrow or Wednesday hopefully... this morning the 'depollution system faulty' light came on with a resultant loss in power.
Any chance this is down to oil being sprayed all over the engine or just a coincidence?
Of course, one of the main hoses may have come off but I won't be able to check that till I get out of work at 2 o'clock...
Can't get the car in till next Monday - will it be safe to drive? At the moment it is driving fine - just has no 'poke' although that is easily handled by a gentle right foot and awareness of rev counter and gears but will it last till Monday?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Can't get the car in till next Monday - will it be safe to drive? At the moment it is driving fine - just has no 'poke' although that is easily handled by a gentle right foot and awareness of rev counter and gears but will it last till Monday?
Forget it - light went out...

·
Registered
394 Posts
All sorted now?

Get the codes read with planet and see, usually nothing serious but worth checking in case something still in the system :thumb:

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
All sorted now?

Get the codes read with planet and see, usually nothing serious but worth checking in case something still in the system :thumb:
Well, it's running okay... perhaps I spilled oil on it during one of my frequent refills...
To be honest I was thinking of just booking the thing in somewhere and saying, "Fix it! - All of it!" just to save me any more grief!

·
Registered
394 Posts
I was thinking that with mine too, but all of a sudden Pugly was running better than she ever had before. Then the rear screen was smashed in the school car park and she's been sat for 2 weeks. I can see a big sulk coming on and being back to square 1 with her random 'time of the month' running problem and the system shut down curve ball she threw me.

Nevermind, can always threaten to take the 307 now I have 2!!! (I'm greedy :lol:)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts