Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
Peugeot 308 SW SE 2009 - Vespa PX190 Pinasco Matte Black Rat - 1996 Ford Transit Campervan
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi troops, me again

Getting a persistent (engine not gearbox) oil leak, rear of block, after sump, seems to pool around the subframe 13mm bolt just forward of the gearbox drain plug, suspect it is blowing from a split pipe somewhere around turbo, been on service box to have a squint at what pipes are where but I find it somewhat confusing

No smoke
Will still tonk along at 90
Still getting 40mpg around town
No wheezing

So hope turbo fine, no EML light, today popped up "oil level too low" recently did a flush and complete fill with new filter, last oil very thick and manky

Have noticed some spit on the heat shield where the turbo/egr pipe lives but not stripped owt yet

Any guidance on where to start or most likely culprit to split?

Cheers

PS update on SMF conversion - starting to get used to vibration now :)

· Registered
1,199 Posts
Mine was the Turbo oil high pressure seal, bastard to get off, ended up removing the turbo and having it checked over by a turbo place (stripped and cleaned, giving a clean bill of health - lack of oil can have a bad effect on bearings). Expect a big bill though, PITA to remove the turbo.

· Registered
Peugeot 308 SW SE 2009 - Vespa PX190 Pinasco Matte Black Rat - 1996 Ford Transit Campervan
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers mate, I'd whack the turbo off myself but good starting point for me to go poking about, as one does

· Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Pita?

· Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Pain in the arse - get it now :)

· Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
See, this is what I don't get, PP/Diagbox shows no issues other than a glow plug problem, no warnings about boost pressure being low etc, no eml

· Registered
1,199 Posts
As far as I know, it's not a common fault. It's just one of those things which happens, assuming you have the same fault. Only way to find out would be to strip it all down.

My car was running fine with the oil leak too, as there's nothing that stops working really.

· Registered
15,373 Posts
Planet wont show an oil leak issue !!

If the oil is lubricating the turbo even if its leaking it wont show a boost fault as there is nothing wrong with the airflow

You dont say what engine but im assuming 2 litre and they can leak from the rear of the head at a few points near the fuel pump mounting this would run down the back and drip off the gearbox at its lowest point.

· Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Cheers for replies, sorry about delay.. It's the sump, or at least one of the big bolts to the left hand side that connects to the block near flywheel, leaks from the bolt/hole then pools in the black metal (long) cover that runs from sort of behind left hand side of sump towards stabilizer bar, and drips off - just did a new post about it

Attachments

· Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hope this helps

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.