Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

This is my first post so please bear with me.
I've got an oil leak on my 2004 1.4 petrol 307. Originally it was dripping all over the cambelt and spraying all up the engine. My uncle stripped the it all down and checked all the seals couldn't see any problems with them. After a few months I noticed the gunk in the water bottle so popped it back to him. He put it down to headgasket so I've had the headgasket done which seemed to solve the problem with it leaking into cambelt and spraying up engine. 2 weeks later I t then started to leak around the rocker cover. Took car back Wednesday to garage he replaced rocker cover. That worked for 2 days now I seem to have the oil leak back up around rocker cover. Does anyone have any ideas??

Thanks in advance
Kirsty

·
Registered
344 Posts
Hi all,

This is my first post so please bear with me.
I've got an oil leak on my 2004 1.4 petrol 307. Originally it was dripping all over the cambelt and spraying all up the engine. My uncle stripped the it all down and checked all the seals couldn't see any problems with them. After a few months I noticed the gunk in the water bottle so popped it back to him. He put it down to headgasket so I've had the headgasket done which seemed to solve the problem with it leaking into cambelt and spraying up engine. 2 weeks later I t then started to leak around the rocker cover. Took car back Wednesday to garage he replaced rocker cover. That worked for 2 days now I seem to have the oil leak back up around rocker cover. Does anyone have any ideas??

Thanks in advance
Kirsty
Hi,

This could be several things.

The simplest is that the garage didn't seal the new rocker cover gasket correctly. Did you have a new rocker cover fitted or just the gasket?

Its probably a plastic rocker cover so could be cracked??

Another cause could be a blocked breather pipe??

A more drastic causes could be a problem with the piston rings, allowing combustion gasses to pass the pistons and pressurising the crankcase.

This would be a worst case scenario and is unlikely.

Have a look at the breather hoses first as this is a cheaper option.:thumb:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts