Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Guys,

My name is Petar and I have bought my Peugeot 307 cc recently (07 plate).

The problem that I am facing is that I have spotted a leak under my car. However, the problem itself comes from the fact that I am not very knowledgeable so I will need some help for :

- Identifying the name of the part
- Possible reasons for the leakage

I would be very grateful is someone gives a hand in this moment

Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
5,904 Posts
Looks like the gasket may need replacing on the end cover. If it is the gasket then it should be easy enough to do. The end cover can be accessed without removing the gearbox. Just got to hope theat the oil level hasn't dropped too much causing problems internally.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well... I am paying attention to the oil level so its stable for now. The last time i have refilled it was month and a half ago. However, I saw the leakage two days ago and God knows since when it is there. Hopefully its the gasket only ... thanks "storeman" !!!

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Well... I am paying attention to the oil level so its stable for now. The last time i have refilled it was month and a half ago. However, I saw the leakage two days ago and God knows since when it is there. Hopefully its the gasket only ... thanks "storeman" !!!
How are you checking the gearbox oil level?. I understand the only way to ensure your gearbox has enough oil is toi drain and refill it with the correct amount.
Checking the engine oil level won't help.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts