Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,
Just recently purchased a 2005 307 1.6hdi and have noticed quite a bit of oil leaking from the top left side of the engine. I have uploaded a pic showing the part in question. As i'm not familiar with this engine i'm not even sure what the part is lol.
I know i can't get a diagnosis over the net but would like a little information to go to the garage with as its still under warranty and I don't want them fobbing me off

Any help is much appreciated

Should say this pictures isn't of my actual engine just one of the net but is identical I think

Thanks

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
little update, the oil is weeping out where the top arrow is, we have removed the pipes that are connected to the MAF??? (i guess just below the yellow circle), oil is in the pipes on both sides, not a massive amount but still there.

Took it for a quick look at my usual garage and they reckon those pipes shouldn't have any oil in them, its a sign of the turbo on its way out???

now i'm not sure as the turbo connects to the oil cooler than the oil cooler is connected to the MAF? and then onto the other thingy ma jig lol.

taken it back to the garage i bought it from yesterday and he can't see how its connected to the turbo as the car kicks in fine and plenty of boost, which is does the car drives really well.

I thought these cars were cambelt not cam chain??

Sorry for mechanical ignorance lol

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i will check that once i get the car back to make sure.

the oil is just weeping out of the top of the pipe at the top, when we removed them and ran a finger inside the pipe there was a lining of oil, defeintly more at the top past the maf (furthest away from oil cooler). I wiped the top of it, went about 10-15 miles and there was a fresh weep of oil there again. It looks like its has been weeping for a fair time though.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts