Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, today when I cleaned my car I notice small oil leak on my engine..is that normal with 18kkm and not more than 1,5 year of using car?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Sorry I can’t tell where on the engine that is, but no any oil leak is not normal. Could it be spillage from refilling or topping up the oil at a service?

·
Registered
5,928 Posts
Based purely on the little that can be seen, I'd say it ;ooks more like spillage than a leak. All the staining seems to come from above the gasket and looks to have run down. No visible signs of oils running down below the gasket which would be there if the gasket was allowing oiul to leak past it.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It seems that it is not spilled oil. Here are some more detailed pictures:

·
Registered
42 Posts
IMHO that looks like a weeping rocker cover gasket. I would not be happy with that on such a low mileage new-ish car.

If it were my car, I would be returning that to the dealer for repair under warranty.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I will do that on Monday... I will let you know what my dealer decided...

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Update in case:

My Dealer diagnosed leaks in part called half-head? which is attached to engine. They will replace this part but with this they need to disassemble the timing and replace timing belt to new one + some pipes etc... I'm waiting for parts and maybe this week they will do job.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I had a similar problem in my 1.6 blueHDI, however I have 120kkm so it was right to happen. In my case I did it myself (whole day of work), I took off the timing belt and valve cover, it turned out that in some places there was no gasket from the inside so I cleaned everything, put a new gasket (Renizosil) and put it back together. For over 5kkm there is no oil leaks

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have 120kkm so it was right to happen
In my opinion it shouldn't... Peugeout diesel engines are perceived as very good engines... The last thing I thought that I will have problems with engine... There will be no factory state in this most important component in car so for whole time I'll be disgusted driving it. I'm scare how they will collect it in one piece again...

·
Registered
102 Posts
Peugeout diesel engines are perceived as very good engines...
Peugeot diesel engines ARE very good engines.

I’m sorry that you’ve had a problem with yours but 1 problem in millions does not mean they are not still the standard other manufacturers aspire to in diesel engine technology.

Remember that as well as Peugeot, they are also in other PSA brands Citroen, DS, Vauxhall/Opel as well as BMW, Ford, Jaguar Land Rover, to mention but a few. Even Toyota believe it or not...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts