Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I'm looking for some advice please. I purchased a peugeot 207 in September. It had 3 months Warrenty on it. Since I've had the car its had the check oil level warning light come on at least once a month.. Each time I've checked and it's needed oil so I've gone to halfords and they tell me the oil I need and I fill it to the max mark on dip stick. I've had it back at the garage j got it from and the filled it and asked me to clock how many miles I've done when the warning light comes back on.. I've done 1540 miles and warning has come on again is this normal? Also when the oil cap is taken off it has like a mist/steam/smoke that comes out is this normal also? I don't want to go back to the garage without knowing what's what as I feel they r just telling me any old story.

·
6,425 Posts
Some prince engines have poor oil control daughters car uses about 1 ltr per 1000 miles and peugeot say this is acceptable. I have changed to 0/40 Mobil 1 which has halved the oil consumption with so far no adverse effects

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for your reply. Without sounding stupid but do you know how many litres it would take if oil level was on minimum and I was to fill it to maximum on the 207s 57 plate

·
Registered
13 Posts
Check crankshaft seal (front) ive had a few of these leak when driving along but no oil dripping onto driveway etc.

Also check for oil leak from cam cover, particularly timing end exhaust cam there's a cut out in cylinder head which sometimes leaks if the cover gets slightly distorted.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Agree with Click4 Ive got a 57 plate 1.4 sport and it has a leak on the camcover not noticible until you give it a thrashing down motorway then you can smell the oil dripping onto exhaust but oil level drop is negligable

1 - 9 of 9 Posts