Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
help bought a expert hdi my second Peugeot, i have oil in the water told the dealer this and he said its probably had work done in the past and has oil still floating about and when the cooling caps removed there seems to be a lot of pressure there but the van does not over heat,theres no water in the oil,no mayonaize,no misfire and no steam out the exhaust head gasket or oil cooler?have just bought the modified expansion bottle cap,slight hissing from the old one

·
Registered
23 Posts
It could still be the head gasket, blowing oil out rather than the common allowing water in from the jacket. Get it pressure tested by a garage, or get them to put a sniffer in the expansion tank for combustion gasses. If it is the head gasket it could get worse over time and start giving the usual blown headgasket symptoms.

The water system will be pressurising when warm so wouldnt worry about that.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well this fault turned out to be a warped cylinder head,its now fixed,recon head,new gasket ,bolts and water pump

·
Registered
46 Posts
some new oils don't produce the oil mayonnaise mix, its a bit like the old saying water out exhaust head gasket cats stop that check i had 2 litres of water out of my 405 and no evidence of it mind i done 3,000 miles with a blown head gasket you will not believe how i managed it i had a big network of pipes exchanging air with water no garages in the desert made it just LOL

1 - 7 of 7 Posts