Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi
i'm a new member just trying to get some information, any help would be brilliant.
I have a 2005 Peugeot 206 drove the car this morning no problem engine wise no loss of power or white smoke out the exhaust or engine overheating.
I decided to do routine check of oil and water, found the header tank to be full of oil, was wondering is it possible head gasket , cracked block or god knows what to make this happen

many thanks
mots

·
Super Moderator
1,807 Posts
Moved to 206 section. Oil in header tank would point towards head gasket issues. Check for white scum under oil filler cap. Another bad sign!
Replacing the head gasket isn't as bad a job as many think, but the oil and coolant systems will also need flushed out. There is also the possibility the head will need skimmed if warped at all. Best case scenario, new gasket and a full flush.

·
9,208 Posts
Also worth checking if car has oil cooler as the rot out and allow oil to get into coolant due to oil pressure being higher the coolant pressure. Its quite a common fault on older cars with oil coolers

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Head gasket for sure,I`ve lost count how many I have replaced.
As said its an easy job,the TU engine is so simple to work on.

Tip ? Oil floats on water,so Before you start remove the header tank with all the oil in it. Doing that makes flushing the system a lot easier when the job is finished.

Also make sure a genuine head gasket is fitted,and its all bone dry !!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts