Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
need help with a puzzling problem,concerning 307 1.4(kfw)
I have oil getting into coolant bottle,real thick sludge everywhere(engine,pipes etc)
I have no fault codes,no loss of power,no smoke/steam.no coolant loss.
Have flushed and flushed,when clean I refill system,bleed etc.
this works fine for 6-8 wks then no warning at all,stop lights come on.when cool the system again full with sludge(don't suggest head gasket)OIL IN COOLANT
can anyone suggest a cause/cure.please

·
Registered
2 Posts
need help with a puzzling problem,concerning 307 1.4(kfw)
I have oil getting into coolant bottle,real thick sludge everywhere(engine,pipes etc)
I have no fault codes,no loss of power,no smoke/steam.no coolant loss.
Have flushed and flushed,when clean I refill system,bleed etc.
this works fine for 6-8 wks then no warning at all,stop lights come on.when cool the system again full with sludge(don't suggest head gasket)OIL IN COOLANT
can anyone suggest a cause/cure.please
You have problem on your cylinder head gasket between piston block and cylinder head, you must changed it ASAP...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Hi venion ,thanks for reply. forgot to mention there is No water/coolant in sump at all. which you would get with HG failure
is it possible there is a crack in cylinder head ?(joining oil to water)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi venion ,thanks for reply. forgot to mention there is No water/coolant in sump at all. which you would get with HG failure
is it possible there is a crack in cylinder head ?(joining oil to water)
No, the problem is on the gasket between the cilynder block and the cylinder head , the gasket has a tiny seal and most in cases this seal burned
and leave the oil to throw into to the radiator coolant.

Στάλθηκε από το ONEPLUS A5000 μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

·
Registered
14,527 Posts
You are assuming wrongly that the oil will be filled with coolant this is not ALWAYS the case it depends on the failure the oil pressure is generally higher than the coolant pressure so oil can travel into coolant easier than the other way.

Oil being contaminated with coolant generally happens in overheating engines this is due to the heat weakening the seal in the gasket.

Gasket is most likely reason if engine has no oil cooler if it does have an oil cooler most likely it does not but if it does check this first.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for replys guys, would it be worth trying these liquid gasket sealers as a easy fix (the car is good, as l have never done a repair like this before and garage prices are more than l would expect) if so could you recommend one for me

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
HI GUYS,A update.found out that stat housing contains sections for oil and coolant.stripped it down to find that gaskets have broken down between the two,replaced them to see if it was possible cause to problem.have now been told by pug dealer that this model also HAS a oil cooler attached to oil filter housing bottom,which does tend to fail,will look at this while on ramps,will let you know outcome

1 - 10 of 10 Posts