Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:confused: Hi all,

First time i got a diesel car and i got a 307 1.4 hdi 2002, which i wan to do a oil change on it. Wot oil is reccomended because 5w 40 i noticed on this site,but not sure if normal petrol engines and diesel are the same sort of oil??

Cheers all

vboy

G

·
5w/40 semi or full synth, API CF or ACEA A3, B3, B4, doesn't have to be low ash.

Just as importantly, use a top quality filter, not a Fred in a Shed special, and remember to get a new sump plug washer.

·
Registered
1 Posts
chopper1192 said:
5w/40 semi or full synth, API CF or ACEA A3, B3, B4, doesn't have to be low ash.

Just as importantly, use a top quality filter, not a Fred in a Shed special, and remember to get a new sump plug washer.
I`ve got an oil change on my 1.4hdi coming up soon.
Got any brand names i should be looking for on the oil?
I presume it`s because its synthetic that makes the oil change interval 12K miles?
What would Peugeot use,and how much would they charge for an oil and filter change only?

G

·
Provided it meets the correct API spec, the brand doesn't matter.

Opie have a good deal on at the moment...

"Time for a service or an oil change? Now is a good time to buy because we're running a free shipping offer until midnight on Sunday 17th January 2010, for any order of £25 or over to mainland UK.

We've got one of the widest selections of oils and lubricants available and also have a great range of maintenance & workshop products (aerosols, greases etc) plus car parts too, such as Denso Iridium spark plugs and the excellent Trico beam blade wiper blades.

To receive free carriage all you need to do is enter discount code FREESHIPJAN at the basket or checkout.

If you need a recommendation or help choosing a product, just give us a call on 01209 215164.

Check out our extensive range here

Opie Oils will be at the Autosport Show, Birmingham NEC on Thursday 14th January, Friday 15th January (trade days), Saturday 16th January and Sunday 17th January (public days).

If you'd like to come and say hello or ask us about oils and fluids for your car or motorbike, our stand number is 7335. Hope to meet some of you there!

All the best,
The Opieoils.co.uk Team

OPIE OILS"

I ordered a 5 litre pack of Motul for under £30 delivered. Bargain.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Can you get to the oil drain plug on the 307 1.4hdi without removing the engine undertray?

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Hann said:
Can you get to the oil drain plug on the 307 1.4hdi without removing the engine undertray?
No, you cant get to it without taking the tray off..

alternatively if you want not to bother with tray, you can drill a 2-3 inch whole exactly under the drain to access it..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts