Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Struggling to remove oil filter in the car at seems it jammed or oil was not applied on the rubber seal...

What are my options...tried a 27 mm socket but was not good enough as i am not getting enough space to move rachet...applied some wd40 but no luck...

Thanks in advance

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This happens sometimes you may need to smash the cap and get a new one !!
Thanks...can i just go ahead with oil change and change filter later ? Or that would not be the wise thing to do ?

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Its not ideal and that may have been done already for the same reason !
Is the screwdriver method effective ? Also trying it when oil is hot might help ?

My main issue is the space to use ratchet...also the 27mm socket is not effective on top section

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
An oil filter strap will get it off - whether the paper element of canister type.

Don't smash the cover - otherwise the strap won't have much to grab hold of.

Top tip - put some sandpaper between the strap and the filter cover - to give it more grip.

You will be able to get a wrench in there - that's what the hex on the top of the canister is for. Probably not though if your using a socket converter.

Next time - hand tight with a quarter turn is all you need.:thumb:

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Lads got a new wrench strap type...hope it will solve the pproblem..

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Taking ages to remove the filter...is it tight all the way out ? Csn see threads now...

Shall i drain the oil before totally removing it ? Or its fine to just remove filter first...

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
filter drains back to the sump once it is open just get it loose then leave it to drip before lifting out.

I would fit a new cap if it was that tight
Thanks....can i change the filter first without removing oil ?? Or that will contaminate the filter ?

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Balls...slump plug is not 17mm..1.4 petrol...any suggestions folks ?? What size it is ?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I had this same issue when I did my oil filter, managed to do it eventually with the 27mm socket, but had to have an extender bar so that the ratchet handle was clear of the radiator / engine. Took a fair amount of force to move it but it did go eventually.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts