Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there ,
mu peugeot 307 has a leek on the oil filter housing where it joins to the block at the weekend end im going to take off but it look likes its in a funny place to get to have you got any tips and is there a gasket or a rubber seal and would i be ok to use gaskest sealen out of a tube ?????

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
oil filter housing

so if I buy a filter I will get a seal for the housing where it joins to the engine block

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
if you follow the housing down to where it meets the engine block (which is held by 3 bolts)that's where I have the oil leek not the oil filter its self

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Mmm yours must be a little different think peugeot would have a gasket and with your reg number they can be sure to supply correct one.

Wonder what caused it to start leaking I mention as if surfaces are flat maybe gasket sealer would be ok.

If for some reason the engine is under pressure you would need to discover why example breather pipe blocked seems unlikely but odd it's just decided to leak

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ive only had the car couple of weeks a leak is tiny but don't look good on the drive and I no bmw e35 have the same problem its very common on them not so much Peugeot I will take off clean it up an try that gasket sealer

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
oil filter housing removal

is it straight forward to remove the oil filter housing or will I need to remove manifold because it look a tight fit

·
Registered
56 Posts
Sealer can sometimes serve only to displace the rubber seal even further,the replacement seal is less than a fiver and is what the manufacturer recommends!!!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
oil filter housing

I will ring Peugeot dealer in the morning an order new rubber seal is it easy to replace any tips

·
Registered
56 Posts
Very easy to replace,jus remove the four bolts that hold it on,shouldnt need to remove any other parts!!best accessed from underneath,you will lose about .5 of a litre of oil.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts