Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is there a filter on the oil feed pipes on a 2.0 8v hdi?

whats the best practise to keep them clear. are they both easy to take off without unbolting half the car

any links to the correct ones

D

·
0 Posts
There isin't anything on the 2.0 to worry about. Just change the oil at 6-8k intervals and itll be bulletproof.

Sent from my GT-S5690

·
Registered
3,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
lovely. i did find 2nd pipes online and they look very basic indeed

one quick question. with the 1.6hdi theres a filter in the banjo bolts. how do you make sure this is inline with the feed in the pipe. surely you cant see it

D

·
0 Posts
Theres a filter built into the banjo bolt on the block end of the turbo oil feed pipe alright. Removal is a must!

Sent from my GT-S5690

·
Registered
3,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
sorry i didnt make myself very clear. when looking on the web cars like suburus have small filters in the actual bolts. just wondered how you lined the holes up if you cant see them?

you say removal is a must you mean to clean the gunk out?
does that mean the filters in the actual pipe not the bolt that secures it

D

·
0 Posts
No its pushed into the banjo bolt. Remove it and fling it over your shoulder.

Sent from my GT-S5690

D

·
0 Posts
Remove the catalytic converter/dpf and you'll see where the oil feed pipe goes into the block. Remove the 8mm banjo bolt. Remove the plastic filter within the bolt and refit the bolt without the filter. Done.

Sent from my GT-S5690

·
Registered
121 Posts
Remove the catalytic converter/dpf and you'll see where the oil feed pipe goes into the block. Remove the 8mm banjo bolt. Remove the plastic filter within the bolt and refit the bolt without the filter. Done.

Sent from my GT-S5690
would you have to prime the turbo again after this?also would you say to do this even thou turbo is ok for peace of mind?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts