Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Noticed onmy oil feed pipe on my 1.6hdi that the pipe moves in and out and it's seeping a little smidge of oil is there anything I can do in situ

Have just removed the dpf so don't want to do it again :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,555 Posts
Yes, saw the same on my wife's 206. Just checked my year old 308 and that pipe wobbles too so that's the way they make them.

·
Registered
3,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks i pushed it in and it doesnt seem to be leaking anymore so thats a bonus as didnt fancy dpf off again lol

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
They are made that way and are supposed to seal under the pressure of the oil but they do sometimes leak a little

·
Registered
195 Posts
Bump.

Is this the banjo bolt that probably has the filter within that many talk about removing?

·
Registered
312 Posts
No filter in there it’s just the banjo and 2 copper washes, presuming the oil pump filter, filters it.

·
3,269 Posts
Hi...I've found a description here for the location...Ive never done one but have read about the strainer before but cant find it on this forum...perhaps im not looking hard enough...

·
Registered
3,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi...I've found a description here for the location...Ive never done one but have read about the strainer before but cant find it on this forum...perhaps im not looking hard enough...
The filter is in the bottom of the banjo pipe this is normally behind the dpf which is a pain

·
Registered
195 Posts
The filter is in the bottom of the banjo pipe this is normally behind the dpf which is a pain

Thanks Monty, somehow I didn't think it would be in an easily accessible location! Can it be reached from laying underneath? Or still more stuff needs removing?
Anyone got any pics?

·
Registered
3,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The front part of the exhaust needs to come off which can be a bit of pain it you can take the whole dpf in go but The pressure pipes and heat covers need to come off

·
Registered
3,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The pipe change is easy but the exhaust has been removed on that video

If the filter was in the top banjo you will be laughing but unfortunately it’s in the bottom one lol

·
Registered
195 Posts
The pipe change is easy but the exhaust has been removed on that video

If the filter was in the top banjo you will be laughing but unfortunately it’s in the bottom one lol

Quite!:rolleyes::unsure:

·
Read Only
126 Posts
A not so good one from ebay, it's VMware too.
The electrics are poor and black and white.
I saw Haynes do their manual for £4.99 or something for 5 or 7 days :)

·
Registered
195 Posts
Lol thanks John! I got dirty lots with Haynes years back but just hoped something better might be out now......refitting is reversal of removal & all that :ROFLMAO:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts