Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hi all,

just a quick question to anyone that might know how to fix it and if anyone has had the same thing.

basically the car went to peugeot for a timing belt fix at the 80,000 mile mark. got it back ok and eveything worked

went in at 100,000 just to keep the warrenty happy and again kinda come back ok, part from exhaust falling off in the yorkshire moors and now the clutch failing.

but that aside in between these the oil measurement that comes on when the ignition is switched on. eg 000_ _ does not show anymore.

so i beleive at one of these they have updated my ecu.

will have a look at pp2000 when it comes but was wondering if anyone know where to look straight away.:cool:

·
Registered
9,733 Posts
What does it show? With planet you can check for faults in the instrument cluster not sure if that will help , maybe theres a oil level sensor that is disconnected .:confused:

·
Registered
406 Posts
Why would they update the ECU i wonder? more likely the sensor which is located on the front of the cylinder block adjacent to the oil filter housing on a 1.6l petrol engine.

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
not sure, it just says on the invoice a free ecu update was carried out :s i will have to have a proper look when i get the time.

it doesnt display anything... just flashes the service interval millage.

looking for the sensor is there anything im looking for in particular?

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Right here we go, checked the sensor and cleaned that up and checked the connections and cleaned that up. now all fine.

tried the display once again and still no oil level - just straight to service indicator.

so i got the planet out, did a global test, no fault. went to instrument panel and i think it was identification and it said - oil level sensor....absent.

no option to activate, has anyone got any idea on how to activate? tried config and the only thing is manual or auto gearbox

i did how ever activate the coolant level sensor and the light came on the dash on ignition and go straight off, so i beleive this could be a another option pug have put in but not activated, will see how it goes.

no problems so far with ativating the coolant level sensor:thumb:

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
nah not yet, tried looking all over planet and not found a single option to enable it. i am begining to think the firmware in the ECU or BSI has been upgraded to disable it, as i have seen a few people and heard about the sensors failing all the time. its either that or i am missing something here.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Did you sort this m8 as im wondering if i have a faulty sensor, my display is never the same on switching on the ignition.
Sometimes it flashes as if there is no oil at all other times it reads full others its half full.
A check on the dipstick says oil is full.

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
nah when it got down to it i just gave up...i think it was a software update peugeot carried out on my car, which ended faults with once and for all.

i have heard depending if your car is parked on a hill, you will get different results each time...but to save money etc i wouldnt bother...i heard they always brake and that so..

·
Registered
91 Posts
Ok thanks m8 i need to go to the dealer asap as i need a filler cap sensor i might see how much the oil sensor is while im there but its not an urgent fix so i think it will be put to the bottom of the list for the time being.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts