Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I have changed 4 dipsticks in my 1.6 HDi 2005.I pull it out as gentle as i can,but after two times plastic snaps and stays down.

In Peugeot Citroen store they told me that they dont have any other solution-just be carefull?!

Also asked my mechanic,he said i hate to pull it out-let it stay inside and wait for the warning light.Then you put inside 0.5l of oil and should be ok.

And yes,it works like that but is stupid-Is there any other solution?

Thank you

·
6,572 Posts
Is the dip stick hard to put in as you may have broken part stuck in the bottom of the tube. You can often remove the tube by undoing a couple of bolts and pulling it out

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They told me that you always have to remove the oil pan to get those parts which are stuck.
Last time when my mechanic was changing filters and oil,he forgot to that.
For the next 8000km,i am stuck with that.

Considering this plastic dipstick, has anyone "invented" something made from metal or any other material because for me it doesnt matter if i clean it and put the new one, after 3 pulls it breaks...

·
6,572 Posts
To remove the broken part you may do however as its too big to be sucked into oil pump etc most people just leave the broken part in the sump until they need to remove the oil pan etc

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
890 Posts
You can also get a snapped dipstick, cut most of it off so it's just a plug.... use that daily. Then when you need to check the oil, use a new full length dipstick?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It doesn't matter which one is inside daily, when it comes to checking oil(twice per month),going in and out as gentle as i can-it snaps!
My mechanic told me, it s normal for that car, the oil pipe is just twisted too much.

On my FIAT Doblo it goes straight down and it is made from metal-can serve 100 years!

I'm thinking about wrighting email to the factory,but they wont probably answer back cause it is 14 years old car.

·
Registered
2,341 Posts
The plastic they use on the replacement ebay ones are probably made of the wrong type of plastic plus the hot oil is not helping. Ridiculous to change from metal to plastic to save what!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts