Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2008 1.4 vti is getting through a shitload of oil. 1 litre every 500 miles. It's not leaking and i don't think it's burning it. I know there engines are supposed to use 1 litre every 1000 miles but this is ridiculous. Any ideas? Thanks

·
Registered
58 Posts
yes
in my 1.6 VTi it was the PCV valve in the rocker cover. I changed it with a kit bought from the internet and now I am down to 1l every 1500 miles.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi thanks for the info. What sort of kit do you mean? Is it easy for someone with limited diy skills to do? Cheers

·
Registered
108 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Thanks all but mine is the ep3 engine. Any kits for these about?
is this your engine, if it is then it looks like the same rocker cover as the EP6 and would be the same PCV Valve kit IMO take a look at this eBay page just for the engine for picture purposes..:thumb:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Peugeot-1-4-EP3-8FS-Engine-for-spares-or-repair-from-207-SW-S-2008-95Bhp-Petrol/123274011638?hash=item1cb3b423f6:g:QRcAAOSwpAlbWjBd

i just checked on service box and the top covers are the same for the 1.4 vti and the 16 vti eP6

·
Registered
108 Posts
Yes it is. Thanks for your help. Is this an easy job to do yourself? Any tools needed etc. Cheers
fairly straight forward, just need to take the cover off from where your coils are hidden(2 screws) and lift that off then you have access to the corner of the PCV cover, you then prise that off carefully with a screwdriver and fit the one purchased off from eBay, the original cover is replaced with one that can be taken off if PCV membrane is damaged. Where as the original one fitted means you have to purchase a complete rocker cover, i know which one i would prefer spending my money on. If you do buy it from eBay the seller has instructions on listing page aswell..:thumb:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts