Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Peugeot Peeps.

I have recently bought a newish 607 and its telling me that my next service is in 12000 miles, think its supposed to be 20,000 intervals. But on checking my oil , it looks pretty black and an oil change comes to mind, but I'm no mechanic. Would someone have advice on this please and if I did do an oil change with filter, would it affect my warranty by touching the engine between proper recommended services. Thanks. :)

·
Registered
862 Posts
steveb561 said:
Hi Peugeot Peeps.

I have recently bought a newish 607 and its telling me that my next service is in 12000 miles, think its supposed to be 20,000 intervals. But on checking my oil , it looks pretty black and an oil change comes to mind, but I'm no mechanic. Would someone have advice on this please and if I did do an oil change with filter, would it affect my warranty by touching the engine between proper recommended services. Thanks. :)

Did you buy the car from a dealer? If so it should have been serviced before you picked it up,also is it petrol or diesel? Does it have a service history?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Many thanks for reply. I bought the car from Pilling Volvo!!!! as one of their part ex motors. Dont know if they serviced it but maybe doubtful, guess I should ring them. Its a 2.0 diesel 136 bhp. I used to change the oil on my diesel mondeo 1999 every 5-6000 miles but not sure about these new engines, I'm not sure if I believe in these 20,000 mile intervals, is it a selling ploy for fleet sales!!! Once again, thanx.

·
Registered
862 Posts
steveb561 said:
Many thanks for reply. I bought the car from Pilling Volvo!!!! as one of their part ex motors. Dont know if they serviced it but maybe doubtful, guess I should ring them. Its a 2.0 diesel 136 bhp. I used to change the oil on my diesel mondeo 1999 every 5-6000 miles but not sure about these new engines, I'm not sure if I believe in these 20,000 mile intervals, is it a selling ploy for fleet sales!!! Once again, thanx.

I have a 407 with the 2.0 hdi engine and i have only had to top the oil up occasionaly,the 20k service interval is ok,just do the usual weekly checks oil,water etc and it will be fine,this engine is well made and reliable. One other thing the oil in mine is black as well.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts