Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
i did mine when the engine is kinda warm... just so the oil moves more freely.

raise the front of the car.
undo sump plug and be ready to catch the oil that pretty much shoots out at first
clean area around sump plug
undo the oil filter and remove
using the new oil, lubricate the new rubber gasket.
put new oil filter and gasket in respective place.
replace sump plug back into respective place. some people renew the rubber seal on that aswell.
tighten up sump plug
pour in new oil to the amount specified in the owners manual
start car check dipstick to see if oil is at correct level, between min and max. its ok once the oil has heated up to be just over the max mark

hope that helps...

·
5,040 Posts
Just looked at a how-to guide on 'another 407 forum';) and a nice chap from there known here as Risky1 has done a fantastic guide, if he pops in here he may just do the same for this forum as we arent allowed links to other websites:rolleyes::rolleyes:
Btw it all looks straightforward

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
I wouldn't personally let it go over the max mark - its there for a reason, and overfilling may cause seals to go
oh sorry i didn't mean to fill it so its just over the max mark...that will cause problems...but because everything expands under heat so if you fill till dead on max, it will go over very slightly...no more than 1cm tho:thumb:

·
Super Moderator
1,774 Posts
Over max when cold BAD! It really is straight forward tho! You should put a new washer on the sump plug too.

oops! cck2k9 has already said that!

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well i did mine yesterday and it was dead easy. Only issue was removing the old filter as i spilt shed loads on my drive! :mad:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts