Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys

Sorry to ask for your help once more but it is time to change the oil and filters in my 307 1.6 Hdi. It has a DPF and is the 110 bhp unit. It is a 2004 model, has 84k on the clock and has a full service history with oil/filter change every 12 months, I know this is correct as it is my mothers old car.

After reading the posts on line I am going to buy the Total 5w 30 low saps oil as recommended. I understand that there are fake items on the market that is little more than filtered/cleaned used oil or cheap rubbish in a Total can. Can anyone recommend a decent on-line supplier as non of the motor factors in my area sell it.

Now on to the subject of filters, I am going to get the fuel/oil/air filter changed and due to personal differences with my local dealer I refuse to use them even for spares. Now all my local motor factors sell filters from the usual suspects Mann, Framm, Coopers, Bosch and other brands I have never heard of. I am tempted to go for Mann as I have used them in the past and can get them through work at a decent price.

What is your experience of these filters or can you recommend a decent on-line source for a preferred make.

I would like to buy the most appropriate oil and filters given the tendency for this engine to cook the turbo due to oil starvation.

Many Thanks
DJ

·
Registered
648 Posts
Nielsen CDG sell via Amazon, eBay and their own website. Never had a problem buying the 5 litres Total ineo stuff from them. Used Mann filters and they seem fine. I do oil changes every 6000 miles for the reason you mentioned.

·
6,460 Posts
Purflux are the OEM manufactures you can often get them for around the same price as the Bosch etc

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the information guys, saw Total oil from Nielsen CDG and it seemed a little cheap to be genuine, but have ordered it now.

Can remember ordering Purflux filters direct from France for my 504 and 505 when Peugeot were still a niche manufacturer and spares where hard to come by. Didn't know they were still in existence, unfortunately can not seem to find any on line, the retailers i have looked at say that the item may be a Purflux or other 'trusted' manufacturer. Think I would trust Mann or Bosch rather than a retailers 'trusted' manufacturer. If anyone could give me a heads up to a retailer who stocks these I will be greatfull.

Thanks again for your help.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts