Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

we had the clutch changed on our 207 and a day after the "oil --" message appeared. According to the user manual this means that the electronic oil sensor is not working.

In fact the oil temperature needle is not moving either.
However the oil level is OK. Even sightly more than the max!

I am not sure if changing the clutch requires changing or topping up the engine oil. Maybe they have "touched" the sensor while working.

Any ides of the origin of the problem?
Can you guide me to locate the sensor ans see if it is well plugged in?
Can I change it myself?

Many thanks for any help/pointer.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Hi!
Changing the clutch do not reqiure change or topping of engine oil.

Location of sensors depends on engine petrol, diesel etc.

You can change it yourself.

Check for loose wires in engine compartment as first thing...
Regs

·
6,474 Posts
Take it back to who fitted the clutch to sort if no problem before clutch change, I would think they have forgotten to reconnect or knocked off connector when removing gearbox

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
@superpjok: Thanks. I did not manage to identify a loose cable. The engine is o packed. It is a diesel one. Would have an idea were it can be and what it may look like?

@windy1603: I probably will next week.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks all for the pointers and help. I did not manage to locate the connector.

I finally decided to go to the garage before the opening time and kind of "force" them to have a look. On the phone he was explaining that this has nothing to do with the other intervention. He did the same this morning.

But once lifted, he directly located the loose cable. Problem solved and garage black listed.

Unfortunately I could not see where the connector is to share a photo with you here.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts