Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well...

I got a 3 door blue 307 110 HDi Rapier.

I have to tell you, it's a bit more poky than the last one, but it's missing a few gadgets!

The seats are nicer. Still cloth, but nicer.

The clarion radio must go, the LED conversion must take place soon.

Questions:

Cruise control and trip computer fitting. I know it can be done but how much am I looking at spending all in all, and how technical is it?

And has anybody found a way of changing manual heater control LEDs?

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
so you stuck with peugeot in the end. you will have to get some pics up :thumb:

what colour are you thinking for the LED's?

i beleive the cost for the cruise control stalk (without speed limiter) is sitting at around £45. Trip computer, well that depends on if you have the PCB or ribbon type. for the pcb you could just go out and try and find the button or make your own. for the ribbon, i think there maybe a guide...not too sure but you may need to buy a new comm2000 unit for around £80.

then there is the cost of enabling cc, i doubt a dealer will touch it so a holder of planet can do.

as for heater controls...that will be a big fat no. the only way i can see of changing the LEDs, is to buy one of those metalmonkey things, cut the front off and use that to make the front...but you will end up with a hash job, orange buttons and orange pointers on your dials.

·
5,034 Posts
So what happened to the must be 5 door then???? :lol:
yep my thoughts as well, oh and well done on sticking with pug :thumb:

·
Registered
29 Posts
I could sell wiper stalk for 15-20pound+shipping
CC stalk for 20-25pound+shipping
(shipping from lithuania)

Well...

I got a 3 door blue 307 110 HDi Rapier.

I have to tell you, it's a bit more poky than the last one, but it's missing a few gadgets!

The seats are nicer. Still cloth, but nicer.

The clarion radio must go, the LED conversion must take place soon.

Questions:

Cruise control and trip computer fitting. I know it can be done but how much am I looking at spending all in all, and how technical is it?

And has anybody found a way of changing manual heater control LEDs?

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
How much is shipping from Lithuania? It's not all opposite hand is it? I don't want to have to press the lower button on CC to go faster :lol:

Well I chose 3 door because it was the only non-S available around here.

i got it for £2700 and a punto (total value £3100) - getting full service and MOT, as well as temperature sensors and ABS sensors :D

elma, I know what goes wrong on these things, and I'm prepared to sort them. It'll be a good car I'm sure of it!

John, I think we'll go blue this time. I will maybe vary the ones in the speedo. I think I'll be using your services for convenience as well as the fact I can't solder for crap.

Clarion CD player will come out and a blue head unit will go in. I may even resell this one after footwell lights etc are in!!! :thumb:

EDIT: oh yeah... what does it mean when you put the throttle on and the car tries to go left? I'll have the dealer sort that when I go on Tuesday.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Shiping to europe +-4-6pound
and it is not an opposite
The car was designed as lefthand drive and its easyly changeabe from left to right and wise versa
How much is shipping from Lithuania? It's not all opposite hand is it? I don't want to have to press the lower button on CC to go faster :lol:

Well I chose 3 door because it was the only non-S available around here.

i got it for £2700 and a punto (total value £3100) - getting full service and MOT, as well as temperature sensors and ABS sensors :D

elma, I know what goes wrong on these things, and I'm prepared to sort them. It'll be a good car I'm sure of it!

John, I think we'll go blue this time. I will maybe vary the ones in the speedo. I think I'll be using your services for convenience as well as the fact I can't solder for crap.

Clarion CD player will come out and a blue head unit will go in. I may even resell this one after footwell lights etc are in!!! :thumb:

EDIT: oh yeah... what does it mean when you put the throttle on and the car tries to go left? I'll have the dealer sort that when I go on Tuesday.

·
Super Moderator
1,765 Posts
Ah good man. Glad you've seen sense! My 110 rapier 3dr was perfect in every way!:thumb:

·
Registered
4,506 Posts

no worries, just give me a shout when you want me etc. :thumb:

could be your wheel alignment, balancing etc. but as you say let the dealer sort it. what dealer you buy from? not a whessoe road, saw dust in the engine, dealer?:thumb:

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Nah, Performance & Diesel, must be a new garage, near the train station.

The lad was fairly easy to reason with.

I could deffo do with a hand/walkthrough of installing this CC and trip computer thing.

I've only got the MFD doing radio stuff. What converts it to show remaining miles, fuel, mpg etc.?

and why wouldn't a dealership activate CC?

I'm guessing without that switch, I'd have to manually turn on and off the CC

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
Nah, Performance & Diesel, must be a new garage, near the train station.

The lad was fairly easy to reason with.
only one i can think off is that new bosch place opposite or the old texaco petrol station on neasham road...

I could deffo do with a hand/walkthrough of installing this CC and trip computer thing.
trip computer - http://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/electrical-54/how-guide-fitting-trip-computer-video-9138/

cc - http://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/maintenance-9/retrofit-cruise-control-8999/

I've only got the MFD doing radio stuff. What converts it to show remaining miles, fuel, mpg etc.?
It does all this through the magical ecu and displays on the MFD...if my 2001 307 could do it, yours defo will. when you read the above guide it will basically tell you what to look for on your stalk.

and why wouldn't a dealership activate CC?
bacause they want to make money by making you spend loads on installing it. they could also be bypassing a safety issue which would make them liable...not to sure on the last one like

I'm guessing without that switch, I'd have to manually turn on and off the CC
which switch? you will have one for the trip computer to reset and cycle through the options. and the cc stalk is there to turn it on and off and change the speed up and down.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
which switch? you will have one for the trip computer to reset and cycle through the options. and the cc stalk is there to turn it on and off and change the speed up and down.
It's on Neesham road, further up on the opposite side to the old petrol station (which is now exhaust a fix)

Umm, The switch I am referring to it what you mentioned earlier that accompanies the CC?

Surely If I just plonk a CC stalk in and activate it, it'll need something in the brakes to cancel it if I panic?

I'll have to do some cutting work to allow the CC stalk in wont I :p

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
now i know where you onna bout :nod:

i think got the lines crossed, i was onna bout the trip computer needing a switch/button.

from what we all beleive is that the brake/clutch switch is already installed...so your good to go.

only cutting is the shroud...easy. :thumb:

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Sweet, so these things are all ready and waiting for CC and trip, they just don't get provided??

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
yeah all fitted and waiting, its just another way for peugeot to make money when someone is buying new

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Anyway yeah.. CrazyLEDs will be seeing a bit more of me!

Filter paper
3 x twistys (blue) - I believe I have loads of twistys but only 2 blue and I don't know if they work!! They're mixed in with loads of others anyway...
4 x footwell lights, oh yeah!
Interior light will be blue!

I think I'll have a go at installing a switched led strip light that travels around the interior somehow. That should be fun. Maybe have a couple of different colours.

Then NETints will see me again! :D:D:D

Got other priorities so wait a couple of months before you hear any progress on my motor!! If I keep it anyway haha!

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Shiping to europe +-4-6pound
and it is not an opposite
The car was designed as lefthand drive and its easyly changeabe from left to right and wise versa
I won't be buying anything any time soon mate, I've got other things to pay off for the time being. Got a holiday to Florida to pay out!! :p

I'll get back in touch in the future. You may/may not have it at the time and I appreciate that.

Cheers

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
haha sounds fun lol i wired all 4 of my footwells into the courtesy light, so they come on when the door is opened. i also have a switch in the glove box to turn them on independantly.

im still waiting to hear back from him...he was looking at a new security film and was going to let me know. might give him a buzz :thumb:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts