Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've posted a bit of the story some time ago --reminder --Wouldnt buy a French car if you paid me & certainly not a Peugeot !!!!! But due to strange circumstances I did . Used 308 --after 10 hours of ownership it went back to the dealers for five days TO PUT IT RIGHT !!!
Last 7 months , no complaints been great , up to a point , comfy , fast with reasonable economy .
Went to start it yesterday morning , lots of clacking & clicking & the flashing of dashboard lights & symbols , but starter didnt kick in & car didnt start.
I had to be somewhere else for a couple of hours so I went off in the wifes Fabia ( 10 yrs old & reliable )
Came home , tried again , & after half a dozen turns of key & more strange flashes & noises the bugger fired up ?? & lasted the day .
Same this morning , no go & sounded like a can of spanners for 5 mins --then start .
Booked in at dealers ( still got 4 months used car warranty ) for Wed morning .
Tech , on phone , said could be loose connections for Batt. or starter or maybe starter bearing , plus they will stick it on diagnostic & check it out .

Bad omen ...never had any probs with my previous Skodas . Jeeps or Dodges . Dont think I will be a Pug owner too much longer !!

R

·
0 Posts
LMAO..now its your turn to have problems..note to self never buy a peugeot pmsl..

C

·
0 Posts
That'll teach you to do your homework before buying a used car!

My Ma ditched Skodas cos she was fed up with their shiteness and went Japanese - ah so! 3 Fallatios in A row were fine, but the 2 Labias were both trouble straight out the box. She briefly dabbled with Seat but total ABS failure put her off this half baked VW group crap for life.

I'm on my 23rd pug and only 1 gave significant problems so comparing my experience to Ma's I'll stick with it.

Next time you need to buy new old son, not shonky used tat if you're serious about reliability. This used crap is too much of a lottery if you're really serious about doing your best to avoid trouble.

J

·
0 Posts
Yep you'r right Shonkey tat just about sums up Peugeots in general !!
Bit harsh don't you think?? One fault, and you call them tat... don't you think any other car suffers from problems too... very naive if you do :rolleyes:
Sounds to me like the dealer is on the case and will get it sorted... don't think you can ask for more :nono:

·
Registered
31 Posts
not to sure still unknown i still think it slipped a tooth

will have the old engine out i hope by next weekend and replace with a new one :)

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Panic over ...All diagnostics done , all contacts checked , guess what ?? Knackered battery !!!!

Dealer SOLD me a new one . Easy way to get rid of £130.00., but the car back to usual Peugeot perfection !!

While I was at dealers & hanging about , I thought I would check for the 3rd time I a particular hobby horse of mine .

If you push the drivers & passenger seat right back in a Peugeot 3008 there is NO!! room for rear passengers ( same as a 308 ) How this happened I have no Idea . I even showed a passing salesman ( he also needed seat right back to drive ) he said " Bugger me I never noticed that " ( lack of product knowledge ! )

1 - 12 of 12 Posts