Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ive got a peugeot 308 1.6 vti, after a long time of fighting with oil leaks (oil filter housing seal had to be changed twice, sump had to be re-sealed, and vaccum pump re-sealed endless times) I decided to bite the bullet and just buy a whole brand new vacuum pump, I got it at a fairly decent price from Germany, anyway, as I was fitting it, (right hand side of the engine) just below it there was a black plug which I managed to somehow break, this plug goes into the head, its connected to a brass looking sensor and only has one wire, its all on its own in-between the vacuum pump and the thermostat housing, does anyone have any idea what this is for, ill try and upload a picture later today, im hazarding a guess that its either the coolant temp sensor or some sort of oil sensor ?

The fact the plug has broken, it doesnt seem to be affecting the car in anyway nor throwing up any codes, so im a bit confused as to what it is and if I can just buy a replacement plug without having to buy a whole new loom.

Attachments

1 - 1 of 1 Posts