Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi

I have a New 2017 308SW 1.6Hdi 120bhp, it is the face-lifted model.
Right after receiving the car I noticed that all outside odors enters the cabin, that being windscreen washing fluid, farms with pigs and similars odors, exhaust gasses from other cars and so forth.
So much odors/smells are entering, that after driving for 2 hours and frequently using washer jets fluid I'm all dizzy and have a slight headache.
I thought it was because it didt'n came fitted with a carbon cabin air filter, so I bought a new set, but to my surprise it was fitted with a carbon air filter from the factory, but changed it anyway to rule out faulty filter, but to no avail.

I've have a new Citroen C3, bought a month before the 308 and no odors are entering the cabin and the car I traded in for the 308 was a Citroen C5 and never experienced the problem in that car either..

So my question is, do other owners have this problem, what did you do about it or is my car faulty ?
Dealer says that carbon cabin air filters are not designed to capture odors, so I have almost given up, when the dealer is missing such basic knowledge

·
Registered
91 Posts
Don’t have the face lift model but a 2015 308 SW GT & soon as I use my washer jets or select reverse it changes to internal circulation. As for driving normally with outside of odours I’ve always been able to smell strong odours but mild haven’t been noticeable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the answer :)
Okay that sounds more normal and inline with my previous and current experience with others cars having Carbon cabin filter.
As I wrote all smell's and odors are entering the cabin of the 308 and with my, also new, Citroen C3 I can use the washer Jets for 5 sec. and only a microscopic amount of jetwasher fluid smell are detectable and only because I know what smell for.
Sounds like I have to take the long uphill battle with the dealer then.

If anybody have experienced a similar problem with their 308 please let me know or if you have a 308 without the problem.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts