Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, not wanting to bore you guys, but bare with me. Being nosey under my bonnet today to check out where things are etc a couple of things came to mind.

1. There is a clear pipe hanging down onto the engine floor cover, it comes from something next to the battery on the left, the end of the pipe is grimey/oily with a thick dirty paste, further up the pipe is clear....what the heck is it???

2. Do you have to take off the under engine cover to drain the sump during oil changes as i like to do an oil change every 6 months on my vehicles and wish to continue, but if the cover is a pain to get off then i may not bother.

3. The airfilter i am guessing is at the back of the engine near the pollen filter, looks a bit of a pig to change. My car is 3 years old and could possibly not have had its filter changed, is that likely, on the dealers PDI sheet it doesn't show that it was changed.

4. Due to my paranoia regards the engine mounts (had lower one replaced under warranty 2 weeks ago) knocking on start up/switch off, i grabbed the engine and moved it vigorously seems to be ok, more movement than a petrol engine from my experience, is that due to the engine being a diesel and so helps to supress vibrations??.

Thats the end of my questions...........for now lol. Any help/info would be great.

·
Registered
280 Posts
1. Its the drain pipe for the fuel filter.

2. Yes the undertray needs to be remover for a oil change.

3. Air filters are scheduled to be changed at every 4 year service, yes they are a pig to change. Easiest way is to remove the wiper arms and the scuttle panel.

4. Pass :D

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info.

Regards the fuel filter drain pipe, does it just hang down then?.

Also the end of it is full of gritty , dirty greasey oil stuff for abou 2 inches or so from the end. Is that normal. Especially as the dealer states on their PDI checks that they drained the filter down prior to me picking up the car 4 weeks ago, or are they talking crap?

Oh and 4 years for an air filter change, i used to do mine every year on previous car, is 4 yrs too long?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts