Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted on here the other day regarding temp sender.

This is my problem

The gauge reads high, its about 100 when the new thermostat opens exactly the same as the old one, three different senders all give the same results, I have cleaned all earth points

What I am getting is this

When up to temp, if I turn on electrical items one at a time the gauge gets instantly higher and with the cooling fan running with all other electrics on, lights blowers etc the gauge goes up to the red, then switch them off and it quickly goes down to around 95-100. Switch the engine off and turn the ignition back on and the gauge reads around 90 (normal) start the engine and instant reading of 95-100.

I'm now sure it has to be electrical as I can remove the header tank cap when fully hot and no pressure or evidence of boiling occurs even when the gauge is reading 110.

I also notice when I apply the brakes the lcd screen dips in brightness

Any one have any suggestions

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Sounds like one of your loom ground points is not making a good connection with the body. Go though all of them one by one, remove, clean and replace with a smear of copper grease. The main ones to find are around the engine fuse box, and up under the dash on both sides.
You might as well also go through the main ground wires from battery-body-engine while you are at it.. same method of remove, clean, copper grease up and replace.
If this does not help, check loom connecting plugs and have a close look at the fuse box, ECU and BSI plugs/fuses and wiring.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
nothing works!

Thanks for the response I have gone through everything and nothing made a difference!

I have just tried fitting some clocks form a breakers but the same thing happens

could it be an internal ecu problem

1 - 3 of 3 Posts