Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all I have one weird turbo noise I have discovered today , when accelerated hard through say third ,four and five gears my turbo whistle is on and off when the whistle goes quiet is when I loose boost . Loud whistle then quiet the loud then quiet then loud all through Rev range when booted hard through gears , has anyone had this before

·
Registered
287 Posts
I might have the same issue, notice in the last couple of weeks i can tell when the turbo kicks in as i hear a whooshing sound when putting the foot down.

doesnt feel if its lacking power though. Did not do this when i bought the car.

are the pipes easy to access? and replace or repair

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's really strange it dips up and down during Rev range it's like turbo is going on and off all the time during boosting hard , has anyone ever has this problem as I've looked all over engine, they only thing I have found is a very small leak on inter cooler around were the metal seals to the plastic on bottom of inter cooler but I can't see it causing this much of a problem?

·
Registered
287 Posts
It's really strange it dips up and down during Rev range it's like turbo is going on and off all the time during boosting hard , has anyone ever has this problem as I've looked all over engine, they only thing I have found is a very small leak on inter cooler around were the metal seals to the plastic on bottom of inter cooler but I can't see it causing this much of a problem?
I'd fix the leak then get it hooked up to PP to see whats going on there may be other issues that will be just a guessing game without seeing if ther are any logged faults and seeing what everything doing.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts