Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good Afternoon All,

I have had quite a few people recommend these bluetooth OBDII dongles along with the use of a Torque app for Android for a guideance to whats going on in the engine and any fault codes. Finally convinced I bought one however when I plug it into my 307 SW SE 2.0 HDI 110hp the app connects to the bluetooth dongle (so it gets power from the port) but it fails to connect with the ECU.

Just to ensure its not faulty I plugged it into my wifes Citreon and after about 5 seconds it kicks into action and starts reading data.

I have read online that my car is KWP Fast standard so I tried setting Torque to ISO 14230-4 (fast init, 10.4k baud) rather than leaving it on automatic.

Does anyone have any experience with this or know whats going on? It was working on a pp2000 not long ago.

·
Registered
596 Posts
Yap.

Peugeot 307 SW 2.0 HDI 110hp year 2003. Same results. Your citroen is probably newer so more compliant with ODB2 standards. They were not required for 2003 DIESEL cars, only PETROL.

You bought a ELM327 IIRC.

·
Registered
14,268 Posts
307s are hard to read with anything other than planet they are hard to read with planet too sometimes :)

I have a citroen C3 pluriel here roof not working but I know the roof works as it worked on doner car !

lexia no coms
launch coms to engine abs and airbags but not roof ecu
Delphi coms to engine BSI and abs but not to roof ecu

Roof ecu works on other car but STILL no coms with any of the above to the roof ecu

Sometimes some things just don't work with some cars :)

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes its an ELM327 v1.5. So sad news for me no way of getting it to work or anything I could possibly try? :(

Thats quite upsetting actually since my car does get a few errors so would of been very handy. My wifes car which we just bought so far is error free....

·
5,643 Posts
Most 2.0 HDI's prior to around 2005 (when EU required diesels to meet requirements) do not support OBDCII protocol so ELM and similar readers will not work.

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
think this is why the posts asking for help on every reader apart from PP200 & Lexia get the answer that it would be best to use Planet and Lexia :eek:

·
Registered
287 Posts
My 2004 2.0 hdi 90 works fine with a bluetooth dongle.

Note though there are lots of poor/bad dongles. dont trust what is advertised, if its a cheap chinese copy it could be a lie. some even advertisie protocols that arnt even used with obd.

I must be lucky because i only paid £12 for my dongle, its worked with my car and another

·
Registered
14,268 Posts
95% of diagnostic stuff is cheap Chinese copies even the planet stuff is a clone of the original Peugeot equipment if you don't believe this go ask a dealer for a price for diagnostic gear !

Some dongles work on some cars but NOTHING works on EVERY car.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Just after some info so hikacking an old thread. Just purchased an autel ml619. ObdII that also does abs and air bag diagnostics. The diagnostics part will not connect with the ecu however the abs and airbag element of the diagnostics work. Could anyone pls advise further. Tia.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Probably you can´t link your OBD2 interface with your car because your 307 is VAN-Bus and the ELM327 interface (and others) read parameters via CAN-Bus.

C3, 307, 206... Up to 2003-2004 are van-bus, if you want to read DTC codes for this car you need an Actia interface with Lexia/PP2000.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts